BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lifeguarding on the beach in Strathmere today, 6/17, and noticed a commercial fishing boat working right along the shoreline. He was no more than a half mile off the beach and it appeared as though he had his net out as the outriggers were down and he was moving fairly slowly. I was wondering what the limit was for these commercial fishermen because I thought it was a few miles or so. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Hey Mr.Twister. One of my best summer's was working the door at the Springfield in Sea Isle. GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS I wish I could do it all over. I hope you are taking advantage of fringe benefits of your lifeguarding position.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
Very good question : I don't think is was a bunker boat . Just because his outriggers were down does not mean that he was engaged in fishing. On the bigger boats the out rigger aren't used for fishing , They are used more for stability . They keep the boat from rollin . I've been thinking about puttin a set on my boat . I can't say what they were doing because I didn't see it . I would be willing to bet that they were either clamming {legal} or cuttin scallops {legal} . NMFS has made goofy boundaries if your inside " the line " your scallop clock is tickin .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.