BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BAD NEWS FOR THE FISH!

High 60's and sunny Thursday, partly sunny Friday, Saturday. W!#d south at 13. Not bad, heh.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I just wish that South wind would get up OUTTa here in a hurry, in my experience a prolonged south wind (as were having this entire week) back there really shuts things down :(
I'd love to see it switch over to NorthWest or North East...anything outta the North actually :D
Of course it'd be 10-20 degrees colder but who cares, the fish wont mind :D Thats why they make Fleece and Gore-tex!

·
Registered
21,273 Posts
I agree Josh - South Wind sucks - causes upwelling and shuts of the bite in most of the areas I fish.

[ 04-27-2004, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: Brian E. Mullaney ]

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Originally posted by Darrin G. DGREENEMACHINE:
So more or less we should forget this and go chunk the bay? Just kidding
LOL...They say South winds today but...you just never know ;)

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
I think we will be okay. I have been trying to get out in the boat the last two nights and the rain and wind have kept me off the water. On the good side, the last two days there have been alot of birds working the entire beach. Mostly terns diving. Today I notice, from the beach fish jumping out of the water. Might be the full size sea herring being chased. I wanted to get out tonight and check it out. I believe bluefish are making their way up. Tonight before the rain and thunder, I made it to the point and again there was a good amount of bird play and I saw the first dolphins of the season. They come in with the blues, sea herring and weakies, so I believe this weekend we will see some major action.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Originally posted by CapeMayRay:
I think we will be okay. I have been trying to get out in the boat the last two nights and the rain and wind have kept me off the water. On the good side, the last two days there have been alot of birds working the entire beach. Mostly terns diving. Today I notice, from the beach fish jumping out of the water. Might be the full size sea herring being chased. I wanted to get out tonight and check it out. I believe bluefish are making their way up. Tonight before the rain and thunder, I made it to the point and again there was a good amount of bird play and I saw the first dolphins of the season. They come in with the blues, sea herring and weakies, so I believe this weekend we will see some major action.
I like your Optimism Ray!

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
If there are fish in Cape May they will be at Corsons. I know we will get some fish this weekend, we will have the best of the best there so the fish will just take there chances. If you think you will catch, you will. I want some positive attitude!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts