BASS BARN banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have a Helix 7 on the front of my boat with just FF and GPS and a Helix 9 on my dash which has the Mega SI and Mega DI. If I connect the two units with what I believe is an ethernet cable will I be able to have the Mega SI DI features up front on the Helix 7?

·
Registered
13,077 Posts
It will probably need to be a crossover cable that is shielded unless you use a hub or special adapter in between. My Raymarine system uses ethernet CAT5 cables, they must be shielded (can tell because they have metal ends) and i run all the equipment into a hub because I have 4 devices to connect to the MFD. If directly connecting you will most likely need a crossover cable that is shielded, this is the only way two computers can directly talk to each other on the IP protocol.

I recommend you apply die electric greas to the cable ends but make sure the grease is not globbed on, just a coating so the signnals do not cross and short at the connector.

OK, I have a Helix 7 on the front of my boat with just FF and GPS and a Helix 9 on my dash which has the Mega SI and Mega DI. If I connect the two units with what I believe is an ethernet cable will I be able to have the Mega SI DI features up front on the Helix 7?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts