BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three days ago they were keeping levels at "normal" by opening flood gates. Peaks above 16 feet means too much water and they open up as necessary. Levels dropping below 16 feet shows power generation at normal water levels behind the dam.
Looks like flow is back to normal up there and some real improvements in water quality will show up on the Flats over the next couple days.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Flats yesterday

Went to the flats yesterday as planned. As usuall weather predictions were off. Instead of a nice 5-10 knot wind out of the south and 51 degrees we had 10-15 knots out of the east and a high of about 42. Water was dirty and 42 degrees. Visability was about 18 inches. Fished hard all day, at every location not even a bump. Marked very few fish in 20 feet of water. Saw one guy land one 24 pounds, on cut bait. Only a half dozen die hards out there all day. Rained most of the morning, not the most pleasurable day I've spent. Can't wait for things to start down there. Good run for the boat as well, performed beautifully. I'm ready, the flies are ready, the boat's ready, just need some bass. Glad to see Capt. Eds graph, a little sun would help as well. The warmest water I found was over near Carpenters Point, 44.4 degrees.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
I knew chances were slim to none, i slow drug a 16 inch EEL pattern across the bottom. Figured if I hit one in the nose she'd eat. Not alot of debris floating around. The patrol boat was down at Sandy because of firing, couldn't get there but got every where else. Soon, very soon.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Guy I know was fishing for cats at lapidum with herring and had 5 nice fat bass....pulled out a shad caught a few more....late night....if they're up river that far you'd think the flats would be on pretty good right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts