BASS BARN banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going back a few years there was a Texas based mag that tested all types of tackle and fishing related equipment. It was called "Tackle Test". I'll tell you one thing; their reports were right on! I could buy stuff, on their list of excellent products that tested well under all types of conditions ie. Fishing line's were tested for handling properties, distance, how well knots held, durability, cost etc., and I knew it would be the best available. I sure wish we had another magazine like that one. Eventually it got bought out and the only reports were those given by the manufacturers. You got it! It lost it's respectability and me as a customer. I mean, who is authoritative and knowledgeable enough to tell you which chest waders are without a doubt the best bang for the buck? Someone might know the answer but chances are you will get "What I use is so and so and they work for me". That's okay but I don't want to buy them and a month later have some other sod monkey say "Man these are twenty bucks less and are much much better". Capece? I sure wish some enterprising people would endeavor to do another "Tackle Test" and not bow to pressure to sell the company or allow anyone to influence their test results. I'll subscribe for the next, well, as long as I'm alive. I miss ya Old "Tackle Test". You were good, real good!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Just spend the money....you'll be helping the economy, you can't take it with you, and the kids will only waste it. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.