BASS BARN banner

Cooler info Engle vs Yeti

8K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  pwcrab 
#1 ·
Unfortunatly last year my cooler was either stolen or blew off the dock and MIA. My trailer hitch/ball was also missing from my truck and that definatly wasn't blown in the crick!

Anyway I am looking at the Engle 146qt cooler. Its about $100 less than the Yeti of similiar size. Does anyone own one of these? are they as good as the Yeti. I need a cooler big enough to hold chum cans and bluefish while sharking. It must be able to keeo the chum cans rock hard. And fit at least 4 of them.

If you have any other suggestions for aprox 44" x 18" x 21" cooler I'll take those as well. I noticed the one's you buy at wallmart never last (crack)or keep the chum rock hard.

#5 ·
I have no specific knowledge of the Yeti or Engle, what I can say is all the commercial guys use the Bonar which are very rugged and cost a lot less than either of these coolers. Not sure if it fits the bill for your needs but I thought I would throw it out there.

Brett

#6 ·
I prefer yetti. I bought a 5 foot fiberglass yetti last summer that doubles as a port side seat in the helm area. It holds 200 lbs of ice with minimal melting for 3 days. Engel coolers are phasing out - they stopped making them last year. My buddy has a couple fiberglass engels on his black fin. Good cooler but I think yetti keeps contents cooler for a longer period of time.

#7 ·
i prefer the yeti the guys i fish with have an engel and they have had issues with the latches that keep it shut. They have a metal pin inside a light rubber casing and the pin breaks. Yeti uses a thick piece a rubber similar to the design used by Frigid-Rigid which i think eliminates this problem. Good luck they are both nice coolers, just my 10cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.