BASS BARN banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I have a 48 quart cooler/rack which fits into a 2" front receiver. The set up fits between my headlights and allows for clearance above the sand. I would like to move up to a 92 quart. Anyone out there have an explorer with the larger setup? Does it fit between the headlights?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
You can fit up to 120 qt. between the headlights providing you have the rod-tubes mounted across the back of the rack....not sure but ya might fit a 94 qt. between with the rod-tubes on the side of the basket or on the back.....I'd need measurement of the "between" the headlights.......edge to edge to give ya good idea!

W2F
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have an '04 Explorer. There's 35" to 37 1/2" between the headlights. the 35" measurement is from the beginining of the clear glass for the lights. I'd go to the 100 or larger if it would fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
Hey Jim....just check out my man Norm @ Norms Welding for a high quality...excellant priced rack made just for you and your truck!!! Tell him Mike sent ya!!!

Git'r done!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,074 Posts
cooler rack

WURK2FISH said:
You can fit up to 120 qt. between the headlights providing you have the rod-tubes mounted across the back of the rack....not sure but ya might fit a 94 qt. between with the rod-tubes on the side of the basket or on the back.....I'd need measurement of the "between" the headlights.......edge to edge to give ya good idea!

W2F
120 qt not even close:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
I really do not understand what your gig is Bro....that you've got to keep pimpin' yourself out all over every post on this site......or why your now trying to pull me into your fiasco telling me something I don't know....but here's your answer to a 120qt. on a Ford Explorer!!!






Not the greatest of pics....and I'll be the first to admit that this rack coulda' used a step-up in the receiver system....it was the third rack I'd done....and my learning curve was being developed.....nonetheless...heres an Igloo Quick and Cool fitted rack on a Ford Explorer!!!:D

Outside dim. of cooler are as follows:
38-3/8" L
17-3/8" W
17-3/4" H

Outside dimensions of basket are as follows:
41-3/8"

CLOSE ENOUGH???:rolleyes:

And when ya fab one like this...let me know!!!








And you can say HI to Don for me....call him....he's probably in his shop workin' on a top....

W2F
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,736 Posts
WURK2FISH said:
I really do not understand what your gig is Bro....that you've got to keep pimpin' yourself out all over every post on this site......or why your now trying to pull me into your fiasco telling me something I don't know....but here's your answer to a 120qt. on a Ford Explorer!!!






Not the greatest of pics....and I'll be the first to admit that this rack coulda' used a step-up in the receiver system....it was the third rack I'd done....and my learning curve was being developed.....nonetheless...heres an Igloo Quick and Cool fitted rack on a Ford Explorer!!!:D

Outside dim. of cooler are as follows:
38-3/8" L
17-3/8" W
17-3/4" H

Outside dimensions of basket are as follows:
41-3/8"

CLOSE ENOUGH???:rolleyes:

And when ya fab one like this...let me know!!!








And you can say HI to Don for me....call him....he's probably in his shop workin' on a top....

W2F
That rack is "SWEET" Mike :eek:

I want one!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,074 Posts
cooler rack

my GIG is im in business not in the back yard o and i might ad for over 20 year and worked at pipe welders for 10 and as for your LOW cooler rack did you rase it or say F---IT no let me quote you (CLOSE ENOUGH ) and as for the other thing shes a beut NEEDS MORE PIPE look back at you old posts i make cooler racks. im out of pipe maybe ill get more pipe maybe ill make one more I DON'T MAKE THEM NO MORE WTF when you start makeing TOWERS T-TOPS HARDTOP BOW RAILS O AND COOLER RACKS for your business with (INSURANCE):eek: AND (WORKMENS COMP)THEN YOU CAN TALK P.S. FIXED A TOWER YOU DON BUILT AT HOLT'S NICE JOB!!! GOOD THING NOBODY GOT HURT!!!!!(INSURANCE)BY THE WAY WHO WARRENTYS YOU **** NOW THAT YOU DONT DO COOLER RACKS NO MORE:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
ccmarinetowers said:
my GIG is im in business not in the back yard o and i might ad for over 20 year and worked at pipe welders for 10 and as for your LOW cooler rack did you rase it or say F---IT no let me quote you (CLOSE ENOUGH ) and as for the other thing shes a beut NEEDS MORE PIPE look back at you old posts i make cooler racks. im out of pipe maybe ill get more pipe maybe ill make one more I DON'T MAKE THEM NO MORE WTF when you start makeing TOWERS T-TOPS HARDTOP BOW RAILS O AND COOLER RACKS for your business with (INSURANCE):eek: AND (WORKMENS COMP)THEN YOU CAN TALK P.S. FIXED A TOWER YOU DON BUILT AT HOLT'S NICE JOB!!! GOOD THING NOBODY GOT HURT!!!!!(INSURANCE)BY THE WAY WHO WARRENTYS YOU **** NOW THAT YOU DONT DO COOLER RACKS NO MORE:)
Dude...you've got some serious issues you need to deal with!!! So what if I work in my backyard...or should I say garage....we all start somewhere right! Which means I'm no less of a business than you! Your in a shop in you backyard ain't ya??? I'll bet my life you didn't have insurance when you first started either....but I'll say that that's all takin' care of now.........I'm real glad you've got so much experience in the field of anodized! Your work shows it!!! I think you do some smoking work!!! No...I've never done a tower.....and I give you all the props for what I've seen of your work! I never downded your work in any way.....but I guess you felt the need to cuss and plow me and my work under the corn for some odd reason....and then dragged Don into it for NO reason whatsoever....he didn't have one thing to do with my answering Gaffy's question! And that's all I did is answer his question.....and then you chime in offering to mod or fab a new rack....so I simply proposed Norm to do it in response for you jumping in on what I had said....as Gaffy had emailed me with questions! Is work SO DEAD up there on Mt. Olympus that you've got to steal the crumbs from the "small guys"???
No...I didn't say(let me quote you) "[email protected]*&-It" on raising the rack....didn't know any better to do so. Told the buyer that if he had an issue with it plowing the sand to come back and I'd figure somthing out......he never came back so I guess it was not an issue! yes! I've had (2) jobs come back for warranty work......both in the receiver...never in my anodized....fixed em both and will warranty all my work until I'm dead or have no tools left to work with! Yes...I've considered selling out.....it's tough for the "little guys" in this business!!! That's why it really flips me out when ya gotta come down off the mount to bash me...and then threw Don in to boot! Dude....totally uncalled for!!!

Yes....I announced I'd no longer be doing racks....but have infact done (2)....TWO since I said that! I get hungry to!!!!! I work (2) jobs to make ends meet!!! It's a tough economy! I feel for fulltime guys like you eekin' out a living with the economy like it is!!! You got my respect just for what you do with pipe....you don't need to beat it out of me Bro! Cussing and throwing others under the bus ain't how ya do it Bro!
Don't know what the comment was about "being out of pipe" but yes....I milled around on doing a couple racks when times where slow in boat work........guess they're slow for you to aye....or we'd never be having this discussion! You'd be out doing a Tower instead of burning up the computer screen with a "rack guy"!

The pissing contest is done on my end....will not respond to ya again......I try not to deal with people like you too often!!! My work has spokin' for itself...maybe one day I'll grow up to be just like you!!!

And P.S. I do "LOTS" of boatwork!!!

W2F
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top