BASS BARN banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did ok yesterday on the Cooper River. Three bites, two landed. Fished from 8am to 12pm. All bites came on small chartruese spinner. Conditions were windy 5-10 out of the east, water stained and temp was 72 degrees. Still trying to figure out the fall pattern. Saw a lot of guys under the bridge...any other reports??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will give it a try!! I have done well with blue/blk creatures and Senko's in the spring and summer but no luck so far this fall.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I've said it time and time again, the coop is not a place for spinners and cranks. all i see anymore is guys in their $50,000 pro rigs burning down the bank running spinners.
slow down and think about where you're fishing, find structure and beat it up

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Funny...I thought Crankin' the Coop was a predominant pattern.
predominant.....yea........most effective......no

anyone who used to fish the Top Rod tourny back in the late 90's early 00's knows the 2 blacks guys that pretty much always placed high. the little one taught me how to fish. of the 7 rods he carries one gets a crank the other 6 are all worms and jigs

now don't get me wrong cranks will catch on the coop, and will pull some big girls. But IMHO, there are much more effective ways to fish the coop

·
Registered
1,071 Posts

anyone who used to fish the Top Rod tourny back in the late 90's early 00's knows the 2 blacks guys that pretty much always placed high. the little one taught me how to fish. of the 7 rods he carries one gets a crank the other 6 are all worms and jigs

now don't get me wrong cranks will catch on the coop, and will pull some big girls. But IMHO, there are much more effective ways to fish the coop
Agree 100% :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I always (well not always), but most of the time do really well cranking and throwing spinnerbaits on the coop, just not in the tournys:huh:
my guess is because for 2 weeks before any tourny i watch 5 boats a day everyday (10 on the weekends) do the same thing.

·
Registered
941 Posts
yes there is nothing worse than sticking fish right before a tournament, but you do need to know what they are feeding on and not just guess the day of.

·
Registered
238 Posts

the patterns change with the seasons! i just won my clubs classic there last sun throwing a trap, with lots of bites for close to 9lbs. top rob t is in the summer every year hence the worm/jig slowdown bite. i love draggin plastics around the coop and is most of the time the "most effective" bite getter but spring/fall they put the feed bag on and chase....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts