BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one have luck on cooper river. do you have any tips for lures and good colors to use.I know to fish on the other side of 130,any other places to try if I try it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
try The Other Side Around The Golf Driving Range, I Have Had Some Luck There. Water May Still Be Real Dirty There Tho, Good Luck And Welcome To The Barn.:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Cooper River

Bayhunter,

I've had some luck up by the sailboat docks, behind the art museum, either side of the river :D

I had a great day recently with pumpkin senko's

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
there's bass along the whole river.rubber worms,chartreuse spinnerbaits, and shad type cranks always do allright for me.

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
I heard that some school sculls on it, is that true?, also the scullers are allowd to use their gas motors and we're not!

·
Banned
2,255 Posts
I had a great opportunity to fish cooper off a Stratus Javlin a couple of times...and to my surprise ...the fish found and caught were along the bank's using "Yamamoto, Blue &black Creature Baits" with a bullet wieght only...not carolina rigged...These Boyzzz could Flip and Pitch Like Nobody's Buiseness!!Kieth and Brian from "Hooks and Poles!
Tight Lines!
BarryTheBassESPN><}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}*>

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
If you go to Coop at the right time, you may see one of these in a boat :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Went out tues. eve.11-8-06,I fished on the other side of RT. 130. no bass all crappies ,especially after dark on minnows under a full moon. :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There are alot of skull boats on the cooper and yes they have chase boats with gas motors.I think it is B.S. ALso,you can not use the other ramp near cuthbert road. I got chased out one day. We pay our taxes and buy hunting and fishing liscense but can't use it.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
If enough people complain to the Camden County Board of Freeholders, or just vote them out, it may change. As for the problems with the chase boats and wake creating boat, there was an article in the Courier Post about 3 - 4 weeks ago. The wakes are destroying the banks of the river which is hurting the fishing and makeing the river shallower. Don't be fooled, the reasons for the new boat house and the counties push for sculling is nothing more than a money grab.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Rhinoscores, good info. thanks for the reply.I am going to see if we can do something about using the other boat launshes.:cool: It`s all about them and not about us.

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
This is why I moved fom Jersey years ago,it's all about them. My taxes still, after 15 years are still cheaper then when I lived in Fairview (Camden) with a house 4 times the size and no crime rate.

Steve

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Steve Wdz said:
This is why I moved fom Jersey years ago,it's all about them. My taxes still, after 15 years are still cheaper then when I lived in Fairview (Camden) with a house 4 times the size and no crime rate.

Steve
I looking to get out of jersey too. How is the area your in Steve? How far to a good surf fishing spot for Stripers? Also, doesn't De just tax other stuff?

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
I live right near the C&D canal, it's nice area though it seems like they are always putting up new developments. People here complain that is getting to crowded but this is nothing compared to living in Jersey. No sales tax but the state income is high. As for fishing the access is great with ramps everywhere for fresh water, I drop my boat in Delaware City and shoot up the canal and be on the Susquehanna with-in 1/2 hour. (Great fishing). The beach (in Jersey it was the shore) is 1 1/2 hours away for surf fishing, never caught a big striper but plenty of shorts. This year I will put in my time on the surf and hopefully things will change. You have the Indian River inlet which you can pull stripers off the rocks. The best part is you can get a surf tag for the year for $60.00 and go to any beach you want when you want except for Rehobeth (summer) and this tag will get you into all state parks for free also, the beaches also include the bay side which is nice when the wind is howling and your eating sinkers on the ocean side just jump in your truck and drive around to the bay side and vice versa.

Steve:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
BarryTheBassESPN said:
I had a great opportunity to fish cooper off a Stratus Javlin a couple of times...and to my surprise ...the fish found and caught were along the bank's using "Yamamoto, Blue &black Creature Baits" with a bullet wieght only...not carolina rigged...These Boyzzz could Flip and Pitch Like Nobody's Buiseness!!Kieth and Brian from "Hooks and Poles!
Tight Lines!
BarryTheBassESPN><}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}*>
YEA WE WERE KILLIN EM THAT NIGHT..........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts