BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are installing floating docks at Corson's between the ramp and bridge. Impressive installation, all composite mat'ls. Bet you can tie up a bunch of jet skis on those baby's!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Greg
Does it look like they're gonna be for loading up the boat after they launch or to keep boats there??
this can't be good....

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
This was to be expected,especially since they started charging to launch your boats and watercraft there...The public wanted more services
and it should make it easier to put in and take out.It becomes a real zoo there during the summer
and this will help...I don't believe you will be allowed to keep you boats tied up there..
I haven't seen it myself but I would imagine it will take out a very productive spot to fish off the bridge in that area..

[ 04-12-2005, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
920 Posts
Great, that's all we need :mad: ! The floating docks will undoubtedly slow things up at the ramp...I can just see all the jet skiers hanging around on them....Mike

·
Registered
489 Posts
I think it's good that they made some improvements there. Damn are we all 'Doom'n'Gloomers' today?

Last night while out down here in Florida the discussion about how much nicer they do stuff like bridges, launch ramps, water front parks than in NJ.. The NJ stuff looks primitive and third worldish by comparison. Then the discussion came around to; Well if they did do say the new O.C. bridge with ramps, parks, gazebo's, BBQ grill etc, like here. The people that use them would just destroy and not take care of it anyway. For the record, I hate jetskis as much as anyone. But who left Beesleys Point a pig pen last year? Was that jet skiers?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tim,

They are not complete, but I assume they will run out to the end piling of the existing ramp. The new docks are being secured to the existing pilings. I believe it is to facilitate loading and unloading.

"Craig"

·
Registered
527 Posts
That is a Spot that does produce and it is ashame that it is being disturbed after all these years! Kind of messing with the "natural" of nature in a state park -- a definite thumbs down! If it was removable for spring and fall and left there for the summer it would be much better----perhaps? (or am I dreaming?)

·
Registered
527 Posts
Are our "fishing spots" being taken away? We as a group need to respond to this situation --- the bridge on the 9th street causeway is next! Are we being Pushed out of Ocean City? Is there any thought to some of these processes with FISHING in mind? Don't think so!

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't panic guys. It really isn't that wide, it's more of a floating walkway and if they don't keep you off it will probably improve the fishing. Might have some exciting range wars between the bridge people and those below.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I was fishing off them last night, it will ruin any daytime fishing, but who fishes daytime anyway when the tourist season starts,it will ad more structure for the bait fish to hang around, i think it will improve the night fishing in that area at the end of the boat ramp, the only thing is there were 2 workers there last night, taking alot of measurements, i dont know what else they are planning to do?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Iggy2 I haven't seen them yet but that's what I was thinking. Sounds like by day they'll be floating docs but by night they could become fishing platforms.

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
Can someone post some pics of the docks? Might make it easy to bring my 12'er down for some night fishing on a calm night.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was there on Wednesday. It looks to me like they are building a six foot wide floating dock next to the boat launch. The dock will run about 50 to 75 feet out from shore along the right hand side of the pilings already in place. It simply looks to me to be in place to help in the loading and unloading of boats, jet skis, yaks, etc...

Probably will provide for a decent casting spot to the bridge supports at nightime/early morning.

Also - I think the sign at the launch site says there will be a $5 daily charge to launch or you can buy a seasonal pass for $50. Don't quote me on those numbers, but I'm pretty sure those are the costs. It may also only apply from memorial day to labor day as there was no one there collecting yet.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I tried launching my 12 ft at that ramp last fall. I don't see how you can launch anything larger that a jetski there. The ramp is on about a 10 degree angle. My rear tires were half covered. Should'a heard my brakes screaming next day.

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
Ramblin- I agree with everything you said 100%.

I was so impressed with Florida's fishing piers and they all have parking, trashcans, some even have rodholders. As you leave beaches down there-you have taps to wash your feet and all your gear...bathrooms. It's nice.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
If you're allowed to fish off those docks they could be fantastic in the fall ,, picture an L
the long side parallel to the ramp and the short side pointing towards the bridge,,

1 - 20 of 22 Posts