BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this week I was down fishing on the Rush Chattin Bridge and saw the huge dredging barge - I was going to get a permit for my SUV but wanted to ask if anyone has noticed whether the dredging has had an affect on fishing before I get my pass.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I don't think it has affected fishing much as far as I've noticed from a boat. They have definitely taken a lot of the sand bar on the north side of the inlet and sent it on its way. But this also means there is a heck of a channel coming in very close to the beach. I think the fishing will be just fine for the Fall run from the beach. I'm pumped to try out the new structure they've made. Should be a great fall. Can't wait to get my new truck on the sand. I'd say go for it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
362 Posts
It has been hit or miss with the fishing this year from that bridge. I think it has been slower this year compared to other years.. I think it has to do with the dredge. We did have one good night last Sat. The snapper blues were hitting all night long. I finally ran out of bait at 3:30 in the morning. Then on Sunday they were barely biting.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seapro - corsons is a live bait gold mine... if you don't already have one get a cast net - you'll make up the cost in two or three nights. great bunker and mullet all around the dock.

otherwise - i'm looking forward to the new landscape - that's an interesting idea.

anyone know what you need to have with you when you go and buy a permit for corson's? i've heard in the past that there's a checklist of things you need to have in your truck in order to buy one.

·
Registered
13,768 Posts
permit requirements

I have a cisp permit. Here is what you need and you will be inspected at Belleplain if it is your first permit issued: tire gauge; spare tire (full size); workable jack and support board for jack in sand (3/4 inch by 12inch by 12 inch plywood square minimum size; tow chain/snatch line; shovel; flashlight; fire extinguisher; first aid kit; litter/trash bag; minimum 1/4 tank fuel while on beach; tide chart; fishing equipment and tackle for each person over 12. Once you are issued a permit, they waive the inspection, but you still need the items with you if you are inspected while on the beach. See you down there if I am not on the boat.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a cisp permit. Here is what you need and you will be inspected at Belleplain if it is your first permit issued: tire gauge; spare tire (full size); workable jack and support board for jack in sand (3/4 inch by 12inch by 12 inch plywood square minimum size; tow chain/snatch line; shovel; flashlight; fire extinguisher; first aid kit; litter/trash bag; minimum 1/4 tank fuel while on beach; tide chart; fishing equipment and tackle for each person over 12. Once you are issued a permit, they waive the inspection, but you still need the items with you if you are inspected while on the beach. See you down there if I am not on the boat.
Thanks a ton!

·
Registered
362 Posts
seapro - corsons is a live bait gold mine... if you don't already have one get a cast net - you'll make up the cost in two or three nights. great bunker and mullet all around the dock.

I do have a cast net and an umbrella net. i usually do get my own bait at the dock but for some reason the last two weekends there seem to be a lack of bait,at least while i am there.. I can see bait moving around further out but they have been staying away from the dock. maybe to many people fishing from the dock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts