BASS BARN banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went out Sunday on a friend's boat. It wasn't until we got in the water when the motor wouldn't start and he told me "it worked the last time I used it." I asked when that was, he replied "about two years ago." After driving all the way down the shore, getting lunch, bait, and ramp fee, we decided to stay and fish from land when we got the boat back on the trailer. I managed 4 short flounder in less than an hour using a "float rig" for the first time. Probably would have kept catching, but the tide stopped and we left. If you never used a float rig before, I would HIGHLY suggest trying it out when fishing from land or anchored boat. It works! My only problem was that the floats themselves were too small for the bucktail/minnow combo I was fishing with. The float was falling under the waves when the water got choppy. Otherwise, it was my first time using this set up, but absolutely will not be my last. Made lemonade out of lemons that haven't been used in 2 years.

I would highly recommend the float rig if you're trying for flounder from a pier, dock, or bridge. You can get a great presentation, and get the bait out way father than by casting.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
iN THAT area a float rig will also get you Weakfish (especially after dark) stripers,bluefish and with a big bait Brown sharks

Reactions: familyguy6007

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
family guy ---minnow under a float is excellent for fluke as well as squid strips ...For bass and weakfish a piece of crab or a whole small crab will get results

1 - 6 of 6 Posts