190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAS ANYONE TRIED TO GET THROUGH????

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
NIKKIB,
Corson's Inlet- Always A Challenge...

Wise To Use Caution and Know Your Tides...

By The Way-Look for a Great Article Coming
Up In July Issue of the New Jersey Angler Magazine
devoted entirely to Corson's Inlet...

Take Care,

·
Registered
908 Posts
Pretty cool image. I'd like to see what it looks
like now. The south bar sticks out about 20yds. on
the bay side. Unfortunately, I found out the hard
way last fall. I was coming from Strathmere under
the toll bridge at about 3am. One second we were
cruising in about 15ft. and the next we're on land.
I usually don't cut through Corson's at night, and
that's why. I'm just glad we got outta there before
anyone saw us.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
It is a beautiful picture - I just wish it looked that way today.

My brother has seen people going thru the inlet at high tide - I personally have not taught my boat to hover yet so I will stick with TI.

If for some pressing reason I had to traverse Corson?s I would hug the beach on the Ocean City side and head straight out to the ocean thru the rollers - set the blender on purée and hold on tight.

·
Registered
159 Posts
That's a cool picture. I ran in corson's last sunday at low tide. No problems. I usually come straight at the inlet and stay to the oc side, next to the big shallow bar, and keep it on plane. Unless there's a swell and have to slow up to stay between two breakers
That's always fun. Just watch the waves, you can see where the deepest water is.

[ 06-25-2004, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: stretch ]

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Originally posted by earlybird:
Pretty cool image. I'd like to see what it looks
like now. The south bar sticks out about 20yds. on
the bay side. Unfortunately, I found out the hard
way last fall. I was coming from Strathmere under
the toll bridge at about 3am. One second we were
cruising in about 15ft. and the next we're on land.
I usually don't cut through Corson's at night, and
that's why. I'm just glad we got outta there before
anyone saw us.
Its definately worse now! That narrow chanel on the south side from Strathmere to the west point on th O.C. side isn't there anymore. THat whole stretch averages just over 5 feet at high tide and I said AVERAGES B/C there are some suprises! very skinny water comes up on you FAST! Just ran through there last week :rolleyes:

[ 06-25-2004, 11:37 PM: Message edited by: bassvamp ]

·
Registered
333 Posts
I was sittin off shore looking for a way in mid-tide a few weeks a go - very dicey form the ocean view. Spotted a State Police inflatable radioed and asked for advice. Here is what he said that they do:

There is an orange "pumpkin" buoy on OC side of the inlet, it kinda looks like a crab pot. Keep the pumpkin off the stern and a heading of 300 and you will have water to make it through. I ran home 2-3 hours later almost dead low, followed the same heading ( reversed ) and made it churned some sand but there is water. We run a 29 Costal with twin outboards - fun cutting the incoming waves!

Good luck!

Jamie

·
Registered
333 Posts
I was sittin off shore looking for a way in mid-tide a few weeks a go - very dicey form the ocean view. Spotted a State Police inflatable radioed and asked for advice. Here is what he said that they do:

There is an orange "pumpkin" buoy on OC side of the inlet, it kinda looks like a crab pot. Keep the pumpkin off the stern and a heading of 300 and you will have water to make it through. I ran home 2-3 hours later almost dead low, followed the same heading ( reversed ) and made it churned some sand but there is water. We run a 29 Costal with twin outboards - fun cutting the incoming waves!

Good luck!

Jamie

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
March 2002

I don't have anything more recent than that. It's different in some spots now. Hug the OC side and hold on :D .

·
Registered
47 Posts
I went out of Townsends Saturday AM. Tried to get back in through Corson's about noon. Since I hadn't run it this year and couldn't see any place without breakers we went back in through Townsends.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Fishin,
Thanks For That Inlet Condition Report...

Appriecated......

·
Registered
52,618 Posts
Originally posted by stretch:
That's a cool picture. I ran in corson's last sunday at low tide. No problems. I usually come straight at the inlet and stay to the oc side, next to the big shallow bar, and keep it on plane. Unless there's a swell and have to slow up to stay between two breakers
That's always fun. Just watch the waves, you can see where the deepest water is.
IDON'T UNDERSTAND IF AT LOW TIDE YOU STAY BETWEEN THE BREAKERS FROM THE SWELL YOU SHOULD BOUNCE???

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I looked at it one time this year on a halph flod tide . she was still closed out so I didnot run it

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
FISHIN, I WAS ON MY WAY BACK FROM OC REEF AROUND NOON ON SATURDAY,SAW A BOAT HEADED FOR CORSONS,THOUGHT ABOUT FOLLOWING BUT STAYED ON COURSE FOR TI...SOUNDS LIKE THE GOOD MOVE.ANYWAY CAUGHT 2 NICE TOG SOME SEA BASS AND A FEW SHORT FLOUNDER ALONG WITH A BUNCH OF JUNK.SAW ALOT OF BIRD ACTION OUT FRONT FROM MY BEACH CHAIR LATER THAT DAY SOMETHING WAS BUSTIN THROUGH SCHOOLS OF BAIT

·
Registered
276 Posts
Drove by yesterday and you could lob a cast from the Strathmere side and hit the beach on the OC side. That sand bar from the strathmere side is now extended back towards OC drive. This was about mid tide. I am actually thinking of hitting the strathmere side beach for flounder this weekend. I added some beach to the above picture, but I wasnt able to post it. anyway good luck getting through there. Be safe about it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Originally posted by Fly Ty R:
March 2002

I don't have anything more recent than that. It's different in some spots now. Hug the OC side and hold on :D .
Yeah it's different now, a lot different!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts