BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that there was a dredge in Corsons Inlet a few weeks back. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? I know that they do not maintain this inlet but once in a while we get a side benefit from the beach sand dredging. It would be nice.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I was by there yesterday and there was no dredge. And there was no sign of anything recently dredged. It doesn't look like there is much water between the CI Bridge and the inlet.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I have my fingers and toes crossed for a better channel this year.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Was there yesterday, saw no dredge or pipe. Did see bouy tender putting lights back on poles.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Haha were talking about Corson's here. I was home 2 weeks ago for spring break and there was no dredge. The long point that stuck out last summer broke off in the fall and is currently being pushed towards the causeway. Capt Bill is correct, there is not much water at all in between the bridge and the inlet. Plenty of shoobs are going be high and dry on the bar this summer. Last time the inlet was dredged was fall of 2001. I think we may be on a four year plan so maybe again in the fall.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Soon We Will Be Able To Drive Over To Strathmere
Without Paying a Toll :D

[ 03-23-2005, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: NIGHTSTRIKES ]

·
Registered
139 Posts
I go over the bridge almost everday, and I haven't seen a dredge, the water looks really clean, but you can see the bottom in the shallow spots.

[ 03-23-2005, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: SCRUB IT DETAILING ]

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Too bad. The info I got was not from a reliable source ( ya' know - "I heard from a guy who said another guy saw , etc) :rolleyes: But I got my hopes up. It definately seems that it is getting worse.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
This picture is from March of last year. You can see the sand being pushed towards the west. All last summer that sand formed the long sand bar that stuck out from the northern part of the island. Now the sand has broke off from the island and is migrating towards the causeway.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Mr.Twister,

Not Sure Of The Year of the PIC I posted..

But I really like your shot of the Inlet..

Great Shot......

Thanks,,,

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I was fishing at Corsons today. I was standing off the causeway bank looking across the channel right thru the inlet. I was able to cast my Penn 5500ss onto the sandbar on the Strathmere side. There will be quite a number of boat blunders there this season. There is more than twice the amount of sand in the inlet than is in the above picture.

Looking out to the inlet unfortunately there is not a clear channel to the ocean. We will see what we can see in the spring when the boat is in the water.

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Originally posted by Jack Dugan:
Too bad. The info I got was not from a reliable source ( ya' know - "I heard from a guy who said another guy saw , etc) :rolleyes: But I got my hopes up. It definately seems that it is getting worse.
He saw a dredge but it was just passing through. One came by here on it's way south a few weeks ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts