BASS BARN banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Just returned from 3 day's fishing with Cory Craig, Tropic Fins Adventures in Costa Rica. This is my 4 th trip with Cory. Sailfish were slow, only 1 up and one release. Inshore was good. Lots of Roosters, really big Jacks, Snapper, Pompano and yellow fin tuna for dinner. Tuna and Roosters on Yozuri poppers. Lots of fun and a great trip.

Tried to post pictures but no luck. Will try again.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nbijohn

Have you ever tried peacock bass fishing in CR? My father went 2x when
the salt was slow & he had a great time.

·
Banned
1,231 Posts
Pretty work John....glad to hear you are keeping the CR tradition alive and well.

Tight Lines,

Frank

ps lets try to get offshore together this coming season.

:) Just returned from 3 day's fishing with Cory Craig, Tropic Fins Adventures in Costa Rica. This is my 4 th trip with Cory. Sailfish were slow, only 1 up and one release. Inshore was good. Lots of Roosters, really big Jacks, Snapper, Pompano and yellow fin tuna for dinner. Tuna and Roosters on Yozuri poppers. Lots of fun and a great trip.

Tried to post pictures but no luck. Will try again.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fished out of Puerto Jimenez on the Osa in CR. Have been there a number of times. People are great and they work hard to catch fish. Have fished with a number of Captains with Cory Craig, Tropic Fins Adventures for the last few years. Crocodile Bay is also located in Puerto Jimenez and is a good place if you want a full service, fishing family spa resort. Many other captains, boats and lodgeing places available.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Galdiator, I'll be in North Palm Beach through end of April. Maybe we can get together in Florida.

·
Registered
75 Posts
costa

i just got back from jaco beach i was there for 5 days. offshore fishing was very slow. saw a lot of longliners.... seems the CR gov't may have whored themselves out to the chinese and unknowingly collapsed their offshore fishery. any more input on this?

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
i just got back from jaco beach i was there for 5 days. offshore fishing was very slow. saw a lot of longliners.... seems the CR gov't may have whored themselves out to the chinese and unknowingly collapsed their offshore fishery. any more input on this?
The longlining in Costa Rica is a disgrace. If they don't wise up soon and set up laws and enforce them like Guatemala and Panama did they will loose millions of dollars a year in tourism revenue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts