BASS BARN banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just saw on the news on my lunchbreak in the lunchroom that the "rona" vaccine will supposedly keep you immune from getting the "rona" for 12 months...........Sounds like another "flu" shot, you know where its never accurate for the flu strain that's out this year. C'mon, they made measles, mumps, polio vaccines that work for YEARS and pretty much wiped out those illnesses. Hell, the tetanus shot is guaranteed for what- 7 years? And since the "rona" is soooooo deadly and we have so many restrictions and caused life to come to a screeching hault- the best they could do is come up with a half a$$ed 12 month vaccine- looks like big pharma is looking at $$$$$$$. What a joke, if its so bad and deadly, come up with an actual one and done vaccine- I'll pass.
If anyone has some facts or info, feel free to chime in.

Moderna vaccine to provide immunity for at least one year - Axios

·
Registered
20,064 Posts
The fact is... they just don't know.. it was invented less than a year ago, so how could they possibly guarantee how long it is going to last?

They also don't know if it is going to make you grow a third eye in ten years.. or if you are going to need another booster in 6 months... but they do know that it will stop your body from suffering from it now and in the short term future..

You want to wait and see? OK, at 65 I want to wait in line so I can get my life back together and start having a normal-ish relationship with my family and the world again.

·
Registered
14,279 Posts
No they don't know YET how long it will last as they don't know if you have has Covid and won't get it again that is why their saying if you have had Covid shot you still need to get the shot. They are just starting to see Covid has changed some now the strain is basically the same but more aggressive and they say the existing shot will work for it also. Like the Flu each year is a different strain and the use a educated guess of the strain we might get each year

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
I'm not planning on getting it, and hope it does not become a requirement for work, travel, etc.

Seems like covid hits some people really hard, and others not so much. Two of my brothers just got over it, same with their wives. Said it was a couple days of flu-like misery. One worked remotely during the 10 day quarantine. The other is in healthcare, so that was not possible. Both said the inconvenience of quarantine was as bad or worse than a couple days of being sick.

We've got people at work out with it now. Same kind of deal, some feel like crap & others feel normal, life goes on.

IMHO, this china flu got turned into a financial opportunity for some, a power grab for others and dealt a destructive blow to the USA that will have negative consequences for years, if not permanently.

·
Registered
14,279 Posts
I'm not planning on getting it, and hope it does not become a requirement for work, travel, etc.

Seems like covid hits some people really hard, and others not so much. Two of my brothers just got over it, same with their wives. Said it was a couple days of flu-like misery. One worked remotely during the 10 day quarantine. The other is in healthcare, so that was not possible. Both said the inconvenience of quarantine was as bad or worse than a couple days of being sick.

We've got people at work out with it now. Same kind of deal, some feel like crap & others feel normal, life goes on.

IMHO, this china flu got turned into a financial opportunity for some, a power grab for others and dealt a destructive blow to the USA that will have negative consequences for years, if not permanently.
Oh there is no doubt in my mind this Covid was political to boost the people to do the mail in voting and now let's hear from the ones saying " What if it was one of your family members "

Reactions: Marine Tom

·
Registered
76,248 Posts

Never waste a crisis. Even better if you have some way to plan for it ahead of time.
As you said we have a couple of areas to consider.
The Financial opportunity – what is best for them? Lifelong shot – when? Booster – how often?
The Political Opportunity – how long can they leverage (Mail in ballots) it to their advantage?
The human aspect – I just want my life back. What does that mean? What does it mean to me if I decide not to get the shot? IMO they realize many people will do anything to have some sense of Normality.
We need to keep these separated when discussing this topic. They mix them up in an attempt to distract us. Don’t let them do it.
Worse yet they may stop/block all discussion about the topic if they can.
Side note – if you get the shot why do you care if others do not?

·
Registered
22,493 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the 300K that have died and their families would have loved a vaccine.
This vaccine is said to cover 12 mos, I think. Possibly it is a stop gap and better vaccine may be coming. I think it's fantastic that such a vaccine has been produced.
Those that want to take it fine and those that don't fine.
The Bride and I are going to take it. It will allow us to have a life remaining as well as interacting with family and friends.

·
Registered
14,279 Posts
The wife and i will also get the vaccine for the same reason Fran just as we get the Flu shot every year it's the individuals decision IMO

Reactions: Scarface

·
Registered
76,248 Posts
In 1963, John Enders and colleagues transformed their Edmonston-B strain of measles virus into a vaccine and licensed it in the United States. In 1968, an improved and even weaker measles vaccine, developed by Maurice Hilleman and colleagues, began to be distributed.

The first polio vaccine was available in the United States in 1955. Thanks to widespread use of polio vaccine, the United States has been polio-free since 1979. But poliovirus is still a threat in some countries.

Somehow I think we are able to do better today

·
Registered
212 Posts
One of the big issues with this vaccine, or any others, is that you have a live vaccine in your system. If you are around anyone that has immune system issues, including auto-immune diseases such as psoriasis,lupus etc, they are very prone to 'catching' the virus that you just put into your system. So if you have family members who have such diseases, think very hard and long(thats what she said) prior to getting the vaccine

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I am 67 and will get the vaccine when available. I remember lining up in school as a first grader to get the polio vaccine, a sugar cube, in the nurses office. I am just amazed how our public officials are playing god with who gets the vaccine. If you look at lists of various areas it’s all over the place. Almost a continuation of the “ we are in control of you “ mentality of the lockdowns.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Was it the TB shot/ test that left you with 5 holes in your arm ?
I remember that one, there was one that left a scar on upper arm, may have been TB. I had mumps, other than getting hit with a line drive off the bat between the legso_O, it was the most painful experience of my life.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Yup, they used to stick us like puppies back then. Have to agree, I'd rather get a shot in the arm than a shot in the nuts. :eek:

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
One of the big issues with this vaccine, or any others, is that you have a live vaccine in your system. If you are around anyone that has immune system issues, including auto-immune diseases such as psoriasis,lupus etc, they are very prone to 'catching' the virus that you just put into your system. So if you have family members who have such diseases, think very hard and long(thats what she said) prior to getting the vaccine
No. None of the authorized and recommended COVID-19 vaccines or COVID-19 vaccines currently in development in the United States contain the live virus that causes COVID-19. This means that a COVID-19 vaccine cannot make you sick with COVID-19. There are several different types of vaccines in development. Jan 4, 2021

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I am 67 and will get the vaccine when available. I remember lining up in school as a first grader to get the polio vaccine, a sugar cube, in the nurses office. I am just amazed how our public officials are playing god with who gets the vaccine. If you look at lists of various areas it’s all over the place. Almost a continuation of the “ we are in control of you “ mentality of the lockdowns.
Many of the virus deniers were the first to run to the front of the line. Sad.

·
Registered
14,279 Posts
Many i am interested in seeing how many got a link to that just to see how many

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Many of the virus deniers were the first to run to the front of the line. Sad.
It may have something to do with all of the talk about it being mandated . I know my daughter was given a choice , get it or look elsewhere for a job. Our new Commie regime will more than likely make it mandatory for travel and school. We all may have no choice .

1 - 20 of 54 Posts