BASS BARN banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a couple hours today at McCrie's shoal. On the way back in I ran over a couple brown spots about 2 miles straight out from CM inlet. Stopped to check it out and it was thousands (literally) thousands of cow nosed rays migrating up the coast. FF showed them from the surface to 40 feet deep and I estimated the school was approx. 50 feet wide. I couldn't believe how many there were! I drifted with them and they swam around and under the boat for an easy thirty minutes and they were still coming. Some were on 12 inches across others were an easy three feet across. Very cool to watch. They weren't at all interested in me. After at least a half hour I headed for the barn and the rays were still coming!

Anyone see this today or any other day???

·
Registered
7,380 Posts
If your on a jetty or fishing in an Inlet from land with light tackle and you see them.... Don't cast!! The first time is fun. After that???

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
I had them this week fishing off the Red Tower out of Little Egg Inlet.Same thing,a giant school just swimming around.I was also at the beach on Monday and saw small schools of them inside of the bar at Ship Bottom.It didn't seem to bother the swimmers.First time I saw this was 2 years ago fishing near the LE Bouy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.