BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Certainly a interesting creature, but a real pain in the ***.

I have noticed a BIG difference in the species distribution this year in the back and surf.

Cow-Nosed are hear WAY early, but temps have been down. What gives???

Seems like the shad / sea herring won't leave. What gives??

Sand sharks are WAY up, can't keep them off the line.

Black drum have made a nice run on a lighter side.

I have caught about 75 percent LESS weakies, stripers and blues compared to the last 3 years in the back and surf.

Grading the spring so far:

Over All: C -
Striper: C -
Weakies D +
Blues C -
Flounder C -

Anyone have any input here??

[ 06-06-2004, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Bass ]

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
With the fishing this bad, and the gas prices this ridiculous, I can't figure out why I am still fishing. Sell the boat and watch Jose catch em!!

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
we had a little better spring for stripers than last year,, weakies about the same (hard to find), blues very abundant ( same as last year)--blues saved spring fishing,, flounder ( non-existent) we really don't target them.. sea herring ( huge),, no skunks since march,, no complaints,, it could always be worse

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Bass:
Certainly a interesting creature, but a real pain in the ***. once on a rod, that rod is out of action for a while, typically

I have noticed a BIG difference in the species distribution this year in the back and surf.

Cow-Nosed are hear WAY early, but temps have been down. What gives??? cobia have been caught in Delaware Bay, and where' there's cobia, there's cow nosed rays

Seems like the shad / sea herring won't leave. What gives??

Sand sharks are WAY up, can't keep them off the line.they haven't been placed under NMFS management yet.

Black drum have made a nice run on a lighter side.
there's very little commercial market for them
I have caught about 75 percent LESS weakies, stripers and blues compared to the last 3 years in the back and surf.stripers are the fish to go far in these times

Grading the spring so far:

Over All: C -
Striper: C -
Weakies D +
Blues C -
Flounder C -

Anyone have any input here??
sopranos is just about to start

·
Registered
32,550 Posts
Last year fishing stunk until Isabel blew some warm water in. Rain and cool days were the norm last year. Yesterday (June) it was in the 50s and rainy all day. Al Gore promised us global warming - where is it? :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.