BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Cape May area yesterday ,, had a coyote walk out on the beach behind us,, pretty neat site ,, any one else seeing these critters

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
been seeing them across from the ferry for 5 years now. Just have to look. I think alot of ppl. are looking at the ferry instead of across from it.R&R%

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep ,, doesn't surprise me ,, i live pretty close to there,, i taught at the high school for a bunch of years ,, R & R we were there earlier ,, but thats not where we had our encounter

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have yet to see one, but I hear them all the time in the marsh between route 9 (around the jughandle) and the parkway. They actually get howling so much sometimes that they keep me up at night.

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Coyotes are all over Cumberland and Capemay County.

My brother has several in the freezer right now to mount.

Not long ago, He tanned a pelt for another barner.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Joe,
The pelt that was tanned was one for me. You should stop by some time to see it. How has fishing been? Maybe we can get out in the surf or on the boat sometime.
Later,
Tilley

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
I saw a dead one along 195 driving back from the NJ Angler Tourney.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tilley ,, sounds like a good idea ,, the fishing has picked up for us,, i'll be around for a few more weeks ,, i will stop in ,, boat trip sounds good

·
Registered
286 Posts
I saw one this past fall while deer hunting. It was trying to chase down a doe and than came back right under my stand. It was the first time I ever saw one in South Jersey. Pretty cool

·
Registered
615 Posts
They seem to be everywhere today. While spring turkey hunting this spring in north central Pennsylvania, I gave a few yelps on my call and set it down and got my gun ready. Within 30 seconds I spotted a coyote sneaking in on me. When he got to about 25 yards I applied the heat and flattened him instantly. Didn't even twitch after being hit with a high brass #6 load. Turned out to be a 35 pound male and I also saw two others the same weekend. They have to be making a dent on the other game animals -

·
Registered
615 Posts
They seem to be everywhere today. While spring turkey hunting this spring in north central Pennsylvania, I gave a few yelps on my call and set it down and got my gun ready. Within 30 seconds I spotted a coyote sneaking in on me. When he got to about 25 yards I applied the heat and flattened him instantly. Didn't even twitch after being hit with a high brass #6 load. Turned out to be a 35 pound male and I also saw two others the same weekend. They have to be making a dent on the other game animals -

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
Saw one near heading north on the Parkway near exit 4 (WW). It was running from the wooded median towards the meadows.

With all the development going on in Cape May and Cumberland County, they are proably losing their habitat and coming out more I guess.
That and a healthy prey population.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts