BASS BARN banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well last week we came accross a hydraulic trailer in good shape and its just what ive been looking for. Bit the bullet and brought her home :thumbsup: Built in Massachusetts She is a MTE, Maritime Transport hydraulic trailer capable of holding a 30ft boat and up to 14,000 LBS. She is a beast of a trailer and I am very excited to use her this spring:) If you need to go back in the water this spring, give us a call for a great quote.

·
Banned
2,531 Posts
Yeah, if the back of your truck looks like that and no boat is even on it, there is no way in hell you can use that truck.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
That truck will work, you just can't go to the capacity of the trailer. The truck's gross vehicle combined weight rating is what they use, and it should be 20,000 lbs. the truck weighs around 8,000, the trailer probably 3500 lbs so that leaves room for a boat weighing around 8500lbs. Make sure it is registered at 20,000 lbs and don't go over that. I got fined by DOT for being 26,650 lbs when I was registered at 20,000 lbs. Expensive fine, inspection and tied me up for a few hours. Not a happy experience.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That truck will work, you just can't go to the capacity of the trailer. The truck's gross vehicle combined weight rating is what they use, and it should be 20,000 lbs. the truck weighs around 8,000, the trailer probably 3500 lbs so that leaves room for a boat weighing around 8500lbs. Make sure it is registered at 20,000 lbs and don't go over that. I got fined by DOT for being 26,650 lbs when I was registered at 20,000 lbs. Expensive fine, inspection and tied me up for a few hours. Not a happy experience.
Thanks Chuck. I dont plan on maxing out the trailer so there shouldnt be any problems. Thats good advice about the weight, I appreciate it:)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Sweeeeeeet looking trailer, man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But will it haul Flattop away from a bar stool??????????:huh:

Seriously, that thing is a beast. Best of luck!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Ya need to get a real truck to do professional haulin. And don't forget about the insurance to go with it. Its mighty expensive.

·
Registered
82,472 Posts
Best of luck with the biz expansion Phil:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.