BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got call from CO around 12:00 met him at 1:30 wanted to question me.I left slip to go fishing with a friend in bay.wanted to put fresh bait in my pots on way out.as I approached my 2 pots there was a new pot between mine.I pulled by my first pot and friend pulled it .I went by new pot and circled round my 2nd pot wile friend pulled it.I headed back the way I had came towards the channel.I told him to bait them up I was going to put them accross channel away from this pot.I lost his float whild doing this,when I turned back around it was by my boat.I put in neutrl and drifted,water 2' deep at dead low did noy know how long rope was or where pot was.Pulled on rope and pulled it from under transom and dropped all back in clear of motor and drove to other side of channel and dropped my pots back on .Then we went to the punk grounds and caught a 25 lb drum.Wind got to strong and had to leave bay.Headed back,pulled my two pots and headed for home,only to have Bruce yelling you pulled my pot your reported.I stoped turned around and drove back to talk to him but when I tried to speak he would yell your reported,your reported,your reported,if you want to talk come around front,which translates to get off the boat old man and I will kick your old ***.I waited for his wife to bring him paper and pen so he could write down my boat numbers,he was not willing to to talk only fight.Im to old and in no shape to fight Bruce,so I turned around and headed to my slip.CO's partiner saw me on the water 2 wk ends ago but did not have all info.and saw I had my daughter and granddaughter aboard and used discreation and did not pull me at that time.I thank him for that.I always put my traps about 100'to 150' appart and Bruce's was between mine which cuts it down to less than 75' to 50'.He says in his last remark 75yds which in 225',that would make my pots 450'apart,no way.He also says his pot was 100yds from his dock,and he admits I did not remove a single crab from his pot,because there were only 2 females in trap,I saw severel.Now he says his pot was 100yds away from his dock, and he could tell sex of crabs at 300',in a pot that was on the other side of the boat from where was at his dock.I started out a crab thief,that he says did not take any crabs.Everybody is sorry he had to go through this.Through What? Seems self inflected to me.He says I did not steel a crab!The CO's did their job in a profesional maner,you cant expect them to drop every thing they have on books and make an aledged crab thief their #1 priority.They got the job done.Bruce is the one that decided to drop it and he did.You all are the ones now that keep it alive.Some of you bad mouth the CO's for doing there job bacause you are not happy with the outcome,You condem me and call me a low life skum bag,for alegedley steeling a CRAB,that Bruce says i did not steel,but yet you condone breaking the laws,shoot him in the chest with a flair gun,bay justice,remove his drain plug and discinect his bilge pump,take him shark fishing.Some of these if not all are considered teroristic remarks and threats which are punishible by law.The CO has a copy of all of your remarks that is how I found out about this thread.Most of you sound like a bunch of vigulanties,you go after me,the CO's ,the commercial men.Be part of the sollution not part of the problem.Mr.Moderator is'nt this site for fishing reports,should this kind of bashing be allowed.For what ever reason,Bruce admits I did not remove a crab.How does that make me a crab thief?
Captain Phil,last year I was A member of Boat US and you pulled my 1st boat the Sea Angel (now dubbed the anti christ) 3 times and this one off of the Herford inlet sandbar the last week your boat was in the water now you may know who i am.If I reup with Boat US can I expect the same level of service or do I wory you may leave me drift?
Captain Scott,you are the real stand up guy.Thank you for not bashing me,or maby you are waiting for a face to face.If Capt.Phil wont come get me will you come to my aid?
I want a tow plan but with every body gunning for me I dont know what to do.
It might be possible for me to take all of this black and white and get a restraining order against some,but all I want to do is go fishing and not wory about the woes of the world for a little while,but now I have to wory while I am on the water who is going to act unaccordingly.I am a carpenter and I work hard for my money.I get ripped off to and it hurts.I hate thieves my self and dont have the time for corut,or money for fines,especealy for steeling a crab.My 2 pots provide me with enough crabs.The CO's and all law officers put their lives on the line every time they go to work to protect all of us,and some of you trash them for doing a job that you wont do.YOU ARE THE SKUM BAGS.On the BB it seems you are Guilty until proven Inocent,is that how it works?If Bruce had of checked he would have found out that I removed my pots from his spot and placed them accross intercoastal by themselves,there were no other pots there,just my "2".
Quotes from Bruce
1 Once done hauling their pots, they turned to go toward ours, circled it once, then pulled it from the water. More to follow on that.
They left our pot, went west across the intracoastal and pulled a few other pots up.
2 Was I overreacting?
3 The trap was 100 yards from the 26th street peninsula, in full view of anyone from West Wildwood.
4 it gets very frustrating and makes you want to snap out at someone.
5 I wasn't thinking correctly and let my emotions rule, maybe he might've actually caught him in another pull. (This was speculation CO says he did not say this)
6 then pick it up, see there were only two females in it and drop it back down.since we didn't see him TAKING any crabs (only BECAUSE there weren't any in there to take!,) (There were 2 females or there wer'nt,which is it)
7 Moral of the story: If this kind of thing happens to you, act intelligently instead of emotionally like I did.

Act accordingly! Now how is accordingly to act?In almost 50 years of fishing I have only met one person in the fishing world I did not care for and it is not Bruce.I am sorry Bruce and I met in this way but I think he overreacted,let his emotions take over and snaped out at the wrong person.
Well there it is for what it is worth.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
If thats what happened sorry for the trouble but I for one have crabbed behind OC for years and cant now due to the local crabber. Everyone knows he is the theif and will not slow down in no wake zones on full plane. There are a couple that make the rest look bad.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
flukin nuts Thank you for the comeback,it is always just the few that look bad a lot of barners read that thread but only a few had something bad to say and it is always the same ones.They just wait for the chance to trash somebody.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I agree,it's easy to make an accusation and not have all the facts.Venting your frustrations on a computer screen is quite easy.I just hope that this has not soured you on the bass barn as a community.Were pretty much all the same,we look out for our kin and friends.We don't cheat and we don't steal.The first thing is to think things through and be sure you know what your talking about.I didn't even respond to the thread, but I'll be the first to say "we as a people made a mistake." Hope to see on the water one day.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I hope you guys work out all your problems good luck. My uncle is a comm. crabber on d-bay and has problems with people pulling his pots. He has one of the hardest jobs around crabbing in the summer and claming in the winter. Well thats my 2 cents.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I can't believe your still alive R&R. I thought the Tuff guys around dis place had you Tarred and feathered, hung, castrated, and then made to listed to Yoko Ono records for hours. All because of one self proclaimed ?Stand Up Guy?s? allegations.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Ok We Heard Both Sides Of This Story. Lets End It Here..

Thx.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts