BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out after church with the kiddies for a crabbin excursion on Buddy Boy(fin advisors carolina skiff). Anticipated great action since finsy had 55 on Sat. Went to his spots in Ludlam and only managed 8 keepers. Kids had fun-it was their ist crabbin trip in 4 years.

Got rid of last years bunker and a flat of 3 year old butterfish. Threw the block of butters-gulls scattered and the herons swooped by for a looksee.

Will try it again-need to get better bait or better spots

[ 09-11-2005, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: Spooled ]

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
get some chicken, holds up better than bunker. we got a bushel and a quarter today. bb

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Brown Bob, what town where you in?Planning on taking the old lady soon and just want her to have a blast. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
absecon back bays. all my crabs were in less than 3 ft of water. tried deeper but they were not there for us anyway.bb

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
you should of tried the condo trap !

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
what kind of chicken parts are you using as the minnies tear the bunker to shreds

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Most ACME'S down the beach hace a specail small freezer for crab bait. The one in Seaville does and they put any type cut of chicken in it. It could be breasts legs and thighs what ever gets frezer burnt they put in the crab bait freezer. I even saw turkey wings last week. This is'nt rotten chicken as crabs will not eat rotten chicken it's freezer burnt.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
thanx drifter, I may try that this w/e . I guess you go to the back counter and ask for the crab/bait chicken ? what do they charge for it

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Crabbed on Tuesday in Ludlam, caught 5 dozen, using bunker and mackeral. Mackeral for hand lines. Going back out again next Monday. It was a perfect day for crabbing.

·
Registered
12,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nospot
Now you are making me look reel bad-maybe redeem myself this weekend

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
i buy chicken 1/4s . drumstick still attached to the thigh. usually $.49 per pd and can bait all my traps for $15 . 35 traps and about 3 or 4 gallons of gas in the boat. much more fun and cheaper than buying them.i usually buy my bait at eATMORE IN ROSENHAYN, NEAR MILLVILLE AND FREEZE IT UNTIL IT IS NEEDED. BB

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
spooled guess you are going to need a gps on the small boat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts