BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the only forum I could see to ask this question,but has anyone done any crabbing?Whereabouts & how productive was it?I'm thinking of trying near the Somers Point area,next week.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Are you set on NJ? I am further south, but crabbing is great here. We go a lot and usually are quite successful. I am in Fenwick, DE but usually go with friends in Ocean City or Ocean Pines. Here is the local report for Delmarva area. "Crabbing was good this week as well. Crabbers were catching them from the 125th St. Pier, the crabbing piers on Assateague,and from crab pots tied to their bulkheads. Also, the park and fishing/crabbing pier at the Isle of Wight off Rt. 90 is a great place to go crabbing."
Check out reports for Delmarva anytime at ....
http://www.atbeach.com/fishrpt.html

·
Registered
69 Posts
Picked up a few dozen in backbays of WW,but slow going. Some off the docks but alot of small ones. It will pick up soon.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Old Dog,
Yes, This Is The Place (HomePort Forum) to
talk about Crabbing....
I am getting some reports of crabbing picking
up in the bays down the coast with the best
action right now in the Barnegat Bay.
July And August are the times to get out with
the traps and handlines...
Try off the Somer's Point Fishing Pier on
Bay Ave.or the 12th.street bulkhead in OC.

Good Luck,,,

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
My fiance, her mother and father went do dividing creek last week and out of the 6 hrs they crabbed, they only had 12 keepers which was most of what they caught, they hardly had any throw backs. And on Saturday july 3rd her brother and his girlfriend went out for 5 hours and only caught 2 keepers. The crabbing down by the Del. bay area isn't what it used to be like it was about 10 years ago. My preferance for crabbing is in late sept to early to mid oct. when you get the big 6" ers

[ 07-05-2004, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: thediehardfisherman ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts