BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spending the week down OC, and plan to take my god-daughter crabbing. Can anybody give me general info about where to crab? I will have a 12' jon boat& motor; i'm very familiar with ## street spot. If anybody can direct me via e-mail to a general area, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
I would suggest checking out under the OC side of the 34th Street bridge. There used to be a small ramp under there that was big enough to launch a jon boat. I used it once and it worked fine. I am not sure if it is still usable since I got rid of the jon boat a few years back.

Even if you can't launch there, I would still suggest trying to banks and the creek mouth approximately 100 yards south of the bridge.

There are defintiely crabs there and more importantly it is in a slow no wake zone so you will not get bounced around while you are trying to crab.

If you are crabbing on an outgoing tide, I would suggest dropping your anchor in the channel and letting your anchor line out until you are in shallower water. The tide drops quickly there and you can get stuck if you are not careful.

Good luck.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I tried crabbing Friday morning at the old 51st street railroad tressel and got one crab in 4 and half hours. Didn't do well at Corson's inlet area last time either. I would head south and try a different area if I were you Sebastian.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.