BASS BARN banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the weather prohibits me from going out front this weekend I may give crabbing a shot... has anybody been out and had luck? especially in the Sea Isle Area?

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
4 hrs, 12 traps,incoming tide, Sun the 9th, 2 ppl, 2 bushels behind Fortescue :D

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
im going crabbing on sat also. hope the rain did not change the way things were last week. gonna try anyhow. i have 2 or 3 more trips left in me this season. bb

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Despite the impossible task of getting and maintaing a spot where I wanted to be due to the wind. We eventually got set up with 2 anchors and kept about 3 doz nice crabs in like 2 hours befor we ran out of bait. There was a boat (blue aquasport approx 18 ft) that was fishing, looked like clan and they seemed to have a steady pick of smaller fish (which I couldn't identify due to the distance) and small doggies. Anyvody know anything about this boat near the SIC yacht club on Sat? just curious to see what they were catching.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
put my 2 commercial traps on my Aunt's pier overnight Fri. and Sat.Each morning was able to keep 3 doz. or so. Descent size. Sun. morning also had the FATTEST eel I ever saw in one of the traps. Even though no Eagles, Crabs, cold ones and the other football games made for a good Sunday afternoon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.