BASS BARN banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went out for a solo crabbin trip today. i came home with a bushel. 35 traps and two commercial pots that i dropped on the way out and then picked back up. left the dock at 9 and got back at 1. a bit longer than normal trip but about 10 was slack tide and the best bite did not happen until about 11 to 12:30 and tehn it was just here and there . incoming tide. best bite was between 3 and 5 ft.started out in my normal 1 to3 ft depth but was very spotty. my two big pots brought in about 5 or 6 dozen crabs with about 16 or 18 being keeper males which had bunker in them. kept all males but for about 7 or 8 females , also caught a few females still with eggs, some of which were pretty big, of course sent them back to lay eggs.not many real big crabs only about 2 dozen , the rest just jersey crabs. bb

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got the cast iron pan sauteing right now. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm goooooooood. bb

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
Originally posted by onthebeach42:
Sounds good.Lots of garlic I hope. I need about a dozen for a nice pot of gravy and some home made spaghetti.
My all time favorite.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
garlic, onoin, parsley,butter olive oil, black pepper all sauted and slightly burnt and add crabs, in a cast iron skillet. had 18 last night and we had 2 dozen tonight. life is good. bb

·
Registered
19,698 Posts
Bob,
Sounds like a good day. Wanna trade some crabs for clams?

Shoot me an email if you get a chance. My brother and I want to take the kids out crabbing, but I don't think the spots we normally hit are thick yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts