BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wouldn't have believed it if I was wasn't sitting there watching it from the beach. I was judging a surfing contest in AC the other morning when a school of dolphin were coming through the surfline and corraling a school of mullet. There was the occasional tail slap and leaping when all of sudden I am looking out past the breakers to see a dolphin completely launch out of the water what appeared to be a 20lb or more STRIPER!!!! The dolphin punted this fish about 10 yards. It was unbelieveable ! It was something you see on the Discovery Channel. I guess it was in his way.

·
Registered
689 Posts
we seen a nice size pod of dolphin on lbi on sunday, the kids were surfing and they cruised right by and below them...my one son says "that initial sight of a fin puts a strange feeling in your gut, until ya realize they're dolphin"...lol...they were headin' south right beyond the breakers...

J LITT

·
Registered
294 Posts
dolphin are nearly (and sometimes more :D ) intelligent as men, it doesn't surprise me it could figure out how to flick an unwanted intruder a ways. Pods of dolphin have even taken down great whites when they feel threatened!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.