BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has ever fished crosswicks creel. I frequently see it from 295 and it looks like it might be worth a shot. I know the historical world record yellow perch was caught there but havnt heard much else about it.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
There's some largemouth fishing in the summer and catfish and perch in the winter. It really depends on where you want to go. The creek runs pretty far from the river, through my town. Out by me, I've only caught small cats from it. Access is kinda tough, you can launch a canoe or kayak at the Bordentown Yacht Club and sneak under the railroad bridge. You can't really fit a boat under it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Eh, not really. AJ pretty much nailed it. Not too much to be caught the further up you go. It runs about 200 yards behind my house and I've fished it, but I've never caught anything. Always had a vision of catching smallies in it, but not to be.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
It's actually great for 11 inch smallies. Just too small to be a keeper in a tournament. I fished the mouth of it a few times in my bass boat. The current RIPS on outgoing tide and there's a big dangerous sandbar that sees a lot of party boats in the summertime. There's only one "safe" chute through the bottom of the 295 bridge at low tide. Once you get through it the best fishing is by the marina up to the train bridge. There's lots of debris along the one side of the creek.

It's not really on my list of destinations to try anymore but the river changes year to year. Never know 2010 could be the year but probably not. :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.