BASS BARN banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to purchase a few of these. Need some recommendations for deep water flukin. Looking to stay within 6'6" - 7', nothing too heavy, something with a good amount of action. Which models would be ideal? Thanks:D

· Registered
560 Posts
Gman, I've been using Crowder for a couple of years now and I really like them. I use the E Series lite rods (I like cork grips) and have a few: ESC715 7', 15-25lb, 3/8 - 2oz has a good bit of action and handles 6-8 oz of weight no problem. The ECSM7012 E-Series Lite Muskie is also a good all purpose fluke/sea bass/tog/Drum rod - 7' 12-30lb 1/2-3oz.

Avets on both.

· Registered
596 Posts
These recommendations have been spot on. The ECS715 or the muskie version for deeper water stuff would be great fits. We list the full line and stock a ton of them. If you are ever in the Somers Point area stop by our showroom and we can put some in your hands. If we do not have the model you need, alot of Crowders rods are built to order and could have a 2 week leadtime but rods like the E-series we are speaking of Rob Crowder usually has stock on them... Check out the Crowder line! http://www.tackledirect.com/crowder-rods.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.