BASS BARN banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the Past few months I have been testing out 2 certain items in all kind of different circumstances, I wanted to have a very good report before I came on here and talked about them but after hundreds of hours of use I can now give a fair evaluation of them.

Number 1 is The CTS S-7 1-4 Now we all know my history with CTS been with them for 5 years from Pro Staff, to sales rep to partners back to helping promote. Although we split as partners for personal reason our relationship remains great and we are still working together. I received the new 11 1-4 about 6 months ago and got to testing it. This rod retails for around 385$ in the shops and custom built 400$. Now I have to say i have fished all of the CTS rods some i truly love and others not as much, just like everyone we all have our likes and dislikes. I tested this rod during river season in heavy current with plugs from 1-5 oz and it worked flawlessly. The cast ability was magnificent and the core strength of the rod was more than I ever expected, it handled fish from 25-58 lbs like nothing. I than started using this rods for some bait fishing 4-6 oz and blood worms and it handled it with ease. The past few days Have been on the beach throwing large wood pencils, sps, and metals rod was great. This ROD will change the GAME and with out a doubt in my mind will Be the Biggest seller on the market. The rod is VERY VERY versatile and is the ROD when you can only get one to get. I still believe the cts line has better rods for different application however this fits the needs for pretty much everything. My personal advice would be to cut 6 inches off the butt as the rod is a touch heavier than the VT with a beautiful parabolic bend.

The 2nd item I was to talk about is the Daiwa Isla I was luckly enough to test out. Chris Shoplock the Dawia rep was nice enough to let me try this reel. I told him I would give a very fair and true report of this reel. He gave me the ISLA 5000 and I quickly loaded it with Cortland 50 lb braid. Upon receiving the reel i Noticed the extra thick bail wire and reel was a touch heavier than some of the lighter reels i used. Now like I said i have zero affiliation with Daiwa so my option is based on my experiences with the reel. Now if anyone is going to test out a reel i can pretty much get it done for you, the amount of hours i put on the water from trout to Giant tuna is stagering and sickening at the same time. Tackle is the most important thing in the world to me as the amount of time and money i put into this sport i demand only the best quality gear. After a good 3 months of testing this reel i have to say it is the BEST reel i have ever fished hands down. It it a absolute BEAST!!!! The drag is slick the cast ability is far Superior to the Stella. I have both and to be honest like the ISLA more than the Stella. The drag on the Stella might be a touch smoother as the shimano wet drags are always so smooth. However when you put this reel in your hands you just feel the power. I am not a reel techniction so i cant tell you about the insides of the reels but I can tell you about the performance of the reel and I could not be any happier. This reel will be a BEAST tuna jigging reel in this size and the larger sizes. After a 5 night EPIC run of 14 fish over 40 lbs and 20 plus over 30 this reel never skipped a beat. I have already toasted 2 reels down there which were supposed to be top of the line reels, it looked like it just came out of the box.

The only NEGATIVE thing about this reel is I have to give it back...

For ANY questions about either rod or reel send me a msg and id be happy to answer them.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Hey d I know we had our differences but could you explain more about the isla? Like line cap and drag rating ive been looking at the 7k bull. I got to say shoplock to the reel in the right persons hands

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.