BASS BARN banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the CW Crab yet? I saw it in the NJ Angler Magazine and then checked out the video and it looks like it could be a good lure. The dicks sporting goods near me sells them but at $10 a piece I wanted to find out if it's worth buying or if it was only made to catch the fisherman and not the fish.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
In all my years fishing I've always seen crabs drift on top and never have I seen a bass, blue, or weakie inhale it. Not to say that this lure wouldn't work. In fact it does have nice action. I just have never seen crabs being blitzed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea thats true. I never seen a crab get eaten when it was floating in the water. It says its new. Idk how new it is, so I guess I will wait a little til more people have tried it out.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I picked one up last year and only used it a few times from the beach. I haven't caught anything yet on it but I'll keep trying. They are so realistic in the water. Saturday I was talking with one of their reps at the Somerset Expo and he suggested two things,With a needle you can inject a crab scent/oil thru it's side or just soak the whole grab in the formula. They are also very durable. He was pulling and twisting the legs and they will not tear! Worth the $10.00!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have fish them around the grass beds on smaller creeks on Delaware Bay and pickup some weakies and schoolie stripers with them.
Havent caught any thing really big yet ,but just started fishing them late last season.;)

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
Fishenough said:
In all my years fishing I've always seen crabs drift on top and never have I seen a bass, blue, or weakie inhale it. Not to say that this lure wouldn't work. In fact it does have nice action. I just have never seen crabs being blitzed.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing... :)

·
Registered
6,419 Posts
I purchased the suspending version before the spring run last year. I used it on most of my sod bank trips - never caught any thing more than seaweed on it. One note - the suspending version sinks. I suspect I'd done better throwing gulp crabs; I certainly did better with the other gulp products. And like FE said, how many times have you seen a swimming crab get sucked up? I put my CW in the same bag with the rest of DJCoast’s wonderfully recommended plugs. :D

·
Registered
11,411 Posts
RhinoScores said:
I put my CW in the same bag with the rest of DJCoast’s wonderfully recommended plugs. :D

:D Lmao!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
590 Posts
I bought some late last season, but have not had an opportunity to give them a good test. I bought the sinker version.

I too was talking to the "inventor" in Somerset. He was definitely trying to rip of those legs to no avail..

He showed us a calico version that's in production. That looked really promising.

If I can get out in the next week, I want to try one of the lines with these for Tog.

I've got my crabs soaking in shredder oil as he recommended. My syringe stock is a bit low. :D

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I just got a few myself and will be ran thru the ringer this year after that treble is switched with a VMC!!!!

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
RobaloFrank said:
I bought some late last season, but have not had an opportunity to give them a good test. I bought the sinker version.

I too was talking to the "inventor" in Somerset. He was definitely trying to rip of those legs to no avail..

He showed us a calico version that's in production. That looked really promising.

If I can get out in the next week, I want to try one of the lines with these for Tog.

I've got my crabs soaking in shredder oil as he recommended. My syringe stock is a bit low. :D
I didnt spring for the CW, but a calico version sounds pretty promising. Late summer with the calicos in the wash it would probably slay flatties and bass.

RyanF

·
Registered
51 Posts
i bought them last fall no luck yet but,i have not had the confidence to keep it on long.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts