BASS BARN banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came back from the Oaks show and bent some rods with Chris Gatley from Daiwa.. I have to say I was very impressed with their entire line up..

They have an Excellent inshore rod called the coastal which retails for $79.00 and comes with Fuji Hardloy Guides and Fuji reel seat.. VERY IMPRESSED WITH THIS ROD...:thumbsup:

Next was their Jigging rods. Both the Saltist and Saltiga where very strong and had a really nice feel to them.. They start at $129.. CANT BEAT THAT!!

Their reels were awesome too with my Favorite being the Satliga Series..

Worked my way over to see Craig at Van Staal.. He showed me a new 500g popping rod that was super sweet.. We bent her up and again I was pretty impressed with the amount of pressure I put on this thing..

This is the Van Staal 500g rod.. If I was guessing there has to be about 35lbs of pressure I'm applying..

A Special Thanks to my 5 Year old son who snapped the pic!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Diawa's jigging rods are the most under rated rod out there today. They absolutely smoke their competition with the Trevala. You can't beat the price. If anyway is looking for a beginner jigging rod under $200 I would grab a Diawa. They have so much moe backbone than the Trevala's and the line doesn't eat the foregrip. I also believe the Saltiga model comes with a lifetime guarantee. How could you go wrong.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
Can't wait to get set up with my new Saltist rods! :thumbsup:

If you're in need of Daiwa equipment, be sure to see Joe at Terminator!

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can't wait to get set up with my new Saltist rods! :thumbsup:

If you're in need of Daiwa equipment, be sure to see Joe at Terminator!
We're building up the inventory and working on adding the products to the site. All products are still available.

Good luck this year with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts