BASS BARN banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of the Barners have been to STC Sports in Gibbstown, NJ and know Dave Philip. Dave didn't fish himself, but really knew tackle and gave guys the best deals around. If he didn't have it, he would find it for you.
Dave had a stroke on his 55th birthday in November. He suffered complete paralysis on his left side and was in a rehab nursing facility in Pennsgrove.
Early Friday am he was rushed to Salem Hospital where he passed away very early this morning.
Dave will be fondly remembered by all who ever knew him.
No arrangements have been made as of yet.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
:(
Dave was a bud of mine, were gonna miss him for sure. Dave was one of a kind. May he rest in peace. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Tim,
Thanks for letting us know about this,I never like to open up one of these posts and hearing about the lost of someone in our fishing community.
My condolences go out to Dave's Family and Friends.

Prayers Sent...

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Dave was one of the best. I've known him for years and I will miss him. This is really depressing news. My prayers go out to him and his family.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Tim, sorry to hear that. My regards to his family. I bought quite a bit of gear from Dave over the years and he always did his best to get whatever you wanted. He'll be missed.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Only met him once, He was closeing the store to go check on his mom and told me at the door ill be back in 15 min! When he arrived back he apoligised and said he had been trying to reach her on the phone with no answer and was worried.
His value as a man whent way up in my book!

·
Registered
13,997 Posts
I saw this terrible news in the Dry Dock forum. As others mentioned, Dave would go out of his way to take care of the customer. In fact, anything he knew he would take the time to discuss it with ya. Me and Freedom were in one day and we had quite a long discussion about the tackle business. Literate and informed on many topics, I'll miss him when I stop in the shop.

Sorry to hear he went the way he did. He didn't deserve that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dave was a great guy. When I first started going to STC, he was always very patient with me. When I would stumble through an explanation of what I needed, somehow he always figured it out. He will be missed. My prayers and thoughts go out to his family.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Nice man>helped me out more than once.

Our prayers are with him and his family

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
stop at the shop rite last wedensday to grub up before jumpping on the boat in paulsboro, stopped at stw they were closed was going to pick up the 330 ld my son got me for christmass,

was hopeing to get to talk with dave neat guy to talk with, ever scince twinds turn me on to that place i'd stop by now and then just to see whats up, what well stocked shop,

don't need to tell all you guys that sure, gona miss him,it will be hard to fill his shoes.

best wishes

1 - 15 of 15 Posts