BASS BARN banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering out of all the capts on the board here how many days at sea do you put in during an average year! and what size boat.

Also for just the Rec fishermen how many days do you put in offshore during an average year?

·
Banned
137 Posts
i spend about 100 days on the water a year inshore

and about 25 offshore depending on weather! which we all know is no very cooperative lately! :eek:

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
if i am lucky i fish the canyon 1 time per year and fish off the bulkhead in the bay maybe 2 or 3 times. that is why i have so much time to spend on here!

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I spend from 150-180 days fishing each year. Last year was 165 days. Probably 40 of those are spent offshore. I run a 34' Calvin Beal.

·
Banned
6,106 Posts
Most years I put in about 100-140 on the Albemarle 28 all offshore. Another 40 -50 up north free lancing and about that many on my Aquasport 20 both inshore and off... I have done close to 300 in a year. Several over 200 and that really gets to be too much.
This year is probably my lowest count yet after moving to the tournament boat primarily. SInce Jan one maybe 40 days on the tourney boat and only 15 or so on the Albie. I'll get a couple weeks freelance in the islands and maybe another week here before going north. I'll fish most every day of June for makos, Then three or maybe four tournies for July and another three in August. Maybe 15 more days between September and October and probably 25-30 between November and December...

·
Banned
2,659 Posts
[to answer your question i prob fished offshore 15-20 days 6-7days being tournaments and a few more days at the 30 line in the parker

quote=waterman579]Just wondering out of all the capts on the board here how many days at sea do you put in during an average year! and what size boat.

Also for just the Rec fishermen how many days do you put in offshore during an average year?[/quote]

·
Registered
451 Posts
every day of the summer i am on the water rain or shine.
15-20 in the canyons, a season.
10-15 sharking.

·
Banned
3,874 Posts
i wouls say around 150 - 175 a year inshore and offshore

22 gradywhite and 39 ft venture

1 - 14 of 14 Posts