BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be heading to the shore with a buddy this weekend and wanted some advice. We'll be in a 19 foot skiff w/90 hp, so we have very limited range. I'm wondering what you guys think the best target, approach, and baits would be for this weekend. My friend absolutely never gets fishing so I want to maximize our chances of catching fish in our limited time. I'm thinking about trolling rattletraps (as others have talked about) and also plugging for bass at night. I was thinking that bait might be best during the day...I'm guessing clam, (I know shedder isn't available) and perhaps minnows.

Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
522 Posts
What shore ??

Lots of croakers out front and great eating.

Bluefish at the inlets.

Fluke on the reefs but 2 to 4 for tomorrow might be too much .... 3 to 3 on Sunday.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
plug for bass durring low light hours, jig finesse for weakies in the deeper holes around the icw. You should still be able to get shedder, if so tip your finnesse jigs with a piece it will greatly increase your chances of hooking into fish.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My understanding is that weakfish are like blues, in that they will bite at any time of day. The tides drive their feeding more than light. Correct?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Originally posted by The Reckoning:
My understanding is that weakfish are like blues, in that they will bite at any time of day. The tides drive their feeding more than light. Correct?
Tide certainly plays a role, and you can defiantly catch them in the day but this time of year its tough...high water temps, lots boat/jet ski traffic...etc...if your really targeting decent size weaks save your time and go at night if you know the water well enough. Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts