BASS BARN banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all need to pitch in to support our right to fish. Everyone who can attend the rally on this Wednesday – good for you! One of our lead Captains, Capt. Mark DeCabia, will be making the trek down as one of our representatives (I hope to join him but won’t know until the last minute). Capt. DeCabia provides a unique insight on these issues as not only does he recreational fish as one of our main Captains, but, he also spends at least 50% of his time commercial fishing for monks, cod, sea bass, stripers and clams.

Whether you can or can not get on the bus on Wednesday and head to Washington is a personal choice but one that should be made with a lot of thought. Obviously, if your job or livelihood is at stake you have to make the right choice. You can’t risk not feeding your family or not paying your rent if taking that day off from work puts that in any form of jeopardy. However, if you can’t make it down to Washington and you continue to want to fish you should find another way to support our fisheries.
As many of you know Canyon Runner is a huge supporter of the RFA – signing up well over 2500 people to date and donating over $25,000 in fishing trips, raffles, door prizes and memberships. While we all can’t make it done to Washington on Wednesday we all can do our part to help – however big or small as ever last bit helps.

As such, we want to help enlist more folks to attend the rally by offering anyone that attends the rally on Wednesday a chance to win a FREE Striper Trip this coming May. The offer is for the entire boat for you and whoever you want to bring – value is $950.

What you will need to do is take a picture of yourself at the rally or on the bus heading to the rally and email it to me at [email protected]. For those technologically challenged if you have a better way of proof I’m happy to hear it.

We will randomly pick a winning at our Canyon Runner Offshore Seminar this Saturday, February 27 in Long Island, NY. You do not need to be at the Seminar to win – of course if you don’t have tickets and want to come tickets are still available.

Information on the Seminar is available by clicking here:

http://www.canyonrunner.com/index.php?page=nyseminar

·
Registered
315 Posts
hey cant wait to see you guys tomorrow. the AC seminar this year was even better than last year. it left my boss and i thinking why didnt we think of that on a few occasions

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey cant wait to see you guys tomorrow. the AC seminar this year was even better than last year. it left my boss and i thinking why didnt we think of that on a few occasions
That's great feedback thanks!!! Hopefully our NY Seminar this Saturday goes just as well. It's a smaller group so it's actually even more hands on.

·
Registered
744 Posts
We all need to pitch in to support our right to fish. Everyone who can attend the rally on this Wednesday – good for you! One of our lead Captains, Capt. Mark DeCabia, will be making the trek down as one of our representatives (I hope to join him but won’t know until the last minute). Capt. DeCabia provides a unique insight on these issues as not only does he recreational fish as one of our main Captains, but, he also spends at least 50% of his time commercial fishing for monks, cod, sea bass, stripers and clams.

Whether you can or can not get on the bus on Wednesday and head to Washington is a personal choice but one that should be made with a lot of thought. Obviously, if your job or livelihood is at stake you have to make the right choice. You can’t risk not feeding your family or not paying your rent if taking that day off from work puts that in any form of jeopardy. However, if you can’t make it down to Washington and you continue to want to fish you should find another way to support our fisheries.
As many of you know Canyon Runner is a huge supporter of the RFA – signing up well over 2500 people to date and donating over $25,000 in fishing trips, raffles, door prizes and memberships. While we all can’t make it done to Washington on Wednesday we all can do our part to help – however big or small as ever last bit helps.

As such, we want to help enlist more folks to attend the rally by offering anyone that attends the rally on Wednesday a chance to win a FREE Striper Trip this coming May. The offer is for the entire boat for you and whoever you want to bring – value is $950.

What you will need to do is take a picture of yourself at the rally or on the bus heading to the rally and email it to me at [email protected]. For those technologically challenged if you have a better way of proof I’m happy to hear it.

We will randomly pick a winning at our Canyon Runner Offshore Seminar this Saturday, February 27 in Long Island, NY. You do not need to be at the Seminar to win – of course if you don’t have tickets and want to come tickets are still available.

Information on the Seminar is available by clicking here:

http://www.canyonrunner.com/index.php?page=nyseminar
That's good stuff Cap!

I'll be sure to take a pic of myself & Matt List, and send it to you while we are down there.

You guys are the best fleet to ever fish to this day... and, in more ways than one! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for giving back to the community as you always do. :bow:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's good stuff Cap!

I'll be sure to take a pic of myself & Matt List, and send it to you while we are down there.

You guys are the best fleet to ever fish to this day... and, in more ways than one! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for giving back to the community as you always do. :bow:
Wow - all I can say is I'm embarrassed by such a nice compliment. Thank you so much!!!

We are just trying to do our part - we can't all be down there but we can all figure out some way to pitch in. I hold this helps put a few guys that were on the fence on going onto one of those buses.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.