BASS BARN banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up 2 penn int, tuna sticks brand new... but older model 2255usg there 5'6 with no roller guides but i only paid 75 a piece for them. Is this good and how will i fair trolling with these guys?There the 50 to 130 lb class.Also picked up a penn 9500 ss for 80 and a 7500 for 65,in almost perfect condition.Also if anyone can tell me if i can take the 9500 and put 50 lb braid on with a slammer rod that says 15 to 30 lb line class?If not what is reccomended ?:confused:

· Registered
1,022 Posts
You did ok if they are new. They ran $100.00-$125.00 when they came out. They troll good I mainly use mine for chunking now but we trolled with them for years.I use mostly roller rods for trolling and deep drops. You are starting in the right direction. Yes you can put 50 braid on either one and make one hell of a jigging rod out of them.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
I am quite sure the Penn International USG rods has Fuji SIC braced guides. If so the guides are worth more than what you paid alone. The rods are decent overall and will serve you well. You cant expect much for that price. I think you did well.

Brett

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.