BASS BARN banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The decals on my merc have been slowly peeling off so I figured I would spruce it up a little in the spring by replacing the decals. I only went to one site, but was shocked to see replacement decal prices rangeing from 100 to 250 bucks. Really???

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
The decals on my merc have been slowly peeling off so I figured I would spruce it up a little in the spring by replacing the decals. I only went to one site, but was shocked to see replacement decal prices rangeing from 100 to 250 bucks. Really???
Wow for that price, they better raise Da Vinci to custom paint it........:eek:

·
Vendor
944 Posts
Decals

email sent:thumbsup:

·
Registered
339 Posts
i called mercury about mine and was told 250.00, that was 3-4 yrs ago. asked the price of the cover and was told 1000.00. hope i never have to replace the cover!!!

·
Registered
829 Posts
The reason for the high price of decals is some people over power their boat as putting on a 200hp motor on a boat rated for 125hp.Their next step is to change the decals so the Coast Guard or Marine Police won't catch them.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
my yami 250 decals were peelling around the edges.I was powerwashing once and accidently hit em and they blew right off. I continues blasting em off. Motor looks better without them. Never had the CC hassle me about motor size.
I'd rather spend the $ of gas/bait/beer than stickers....

·
Registered
401 Posts
I bought two sets off E-bay 2 years ago $85.00 a set-they seem to have them for all makes/models/hp-discontinueddecals.com or something-look as good as oem. I painted my covers and applied new decals -everyone was asking if I bought new motors! I have a set of OEM decals for 1996 Merc 200 hp for sale if anyone is interested

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
The reason for the high price of decals is some people over power their boat as putting on a 200hp motor on a boat rated for 125hp.Their next step is to change the decals so the Coast Guard or Marine Police won't catch them.
So the price is high because some people knowingly put the wrong decals on engines. That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

·
Registered
9,118 Posts
What are you talking about?? That doesnt make any sense at all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts