BASS BARN banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

After much thinking, I decided to go all Simrad for my little 23ftcc.. Heres what I came up with.

NSE12
BSM1
Sonic Hub
WX Module
GS15 Antenna
4g Radar
RC42 Compass
Structure Scan with Ducer
B-164 down imaging transducer..

Now I need some time to fish:huh:

·
Registered
3,901 Posts
Joe Electronics looks excellent what did you end up buying? I thought you might go for the 23T Onslow Bay, best of luck with whatever you bought I'm sure you picked a great rig out. You trailering it or getting a slip? Just make sure you get out there and use it and we;ll see you on the water. Ron

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Simrad

I fished with a guy had a simrad unit on his 26 regulator great unit but you neede a degree in computers to operate the thing

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I fished with a guy had a simrad unit on his 26 regulator great unit but you neede a degree in computers to operate the thing
I think it all depends on what you are used to. After having a Northstar unit on one boat and a Lowrance on my other boat, upgrading to the Simrad NSE (which is actually the best of both Northstar and Lowrance), it seems pretty user friendly to me. While I needed to review the manual for installation and networking, actual day to day operation never seems to require a check of the manual.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Electronics

Hey Capt. Joe,

Best of luck with the new electronics. I put the Simrad NSE 8 on my scow last year and I love it. Simple to use, extremely accurate and awesome graphics. Lots of luck with your rig.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I was told 4 g is needed to overlay the radar on the chart plotter screen.

Yup! Those little 4G units are bad ***... Thats some heavy gear for a 23fter brotha...:thumbsup: Stucture Scan is nothing short of amazing...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So how did that boat run when you seatrialed it? Never have been on one.
STeve
I fished on one 2 years ago and was impressed on how it rode for a 23ft boat.. Then again Im use to small boats so anything might be better...lol

We fished out of AC and the seas were 2-4ft but the boat ran over it like it was a 1 ft chop.. I never got a chance to drive it my self but I'm sure I'll like it..

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Aside from price, how come you went the 23 over the 25? Just curious? Only asking cuz the 25 is on my list for a possible upgrade, id like to have a better fishing station behind the helm.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aside from price, how come you went the 23 over the 25? Just curious? Only asking cuz the 25 is on my list for a possible upgrade, id like to have a better fishing station behind the helm.
I wanted to stay at or Below 50k.. I wanted the 25 but it was 15k more, which isn't much.. but more then I wanted to spend..

The 25 is very nice..

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Joe,

You should be very happy with that package....the new Simrad stuff is great and the customer service has been great as well.....Good Luck!
Thanks Tom.. I'm more excited then my kids on Christmas eve.. I even started to sell some of my rods & reels so I can build rods that match the boat.:nuts:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.