BASS BARN banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited Viking booth at NJ Somerset Show. They got a new 65' Viking Fivestar for special tile trip or tuna trip.
they say 48 hour trip is limited to 10 fishermen and the rate is $950 which includes all meals and fish cleaning.
I am thinking about fishing on 48 hour deep drop fishing or charter the boat for 48 hour trip with limited 10 fishermen.

7' Black Hole rods are coming. Some of them should be good deep drop.
We have two different models. One is very thin, light, but strong and the other model is strong, but soft.
I plan to make deep drop trips out of NJ and NY as many as possible to test those rods this year.

--------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com

·
Registered
491 Posts
Those sure seem like high prices, especially the 24 hour tile trips at $480!:confused: A trip out of PP NJ runs $325, Delaware is $250.

I visited Viking booth at NJ Somerset Show. They got a new 65' Viking Fivestar for special tile trip or tuna trip.
they say 48 hour trip is limited to 10 fishermen and the rate is $950 which includes all meals and fish cleaning.
I am thinking about fishing on 48 hour deep drop fishing or charter the boat for 48 hour trip with limited 10 fishermen.

7' Black Hole rods are coming. Some of them should be good deep drop.
We have two different models. One is very thin, light, but strong and the other model is strong, but soft.
I plan to make deep drop trips out of NJ and NY as many as possible to test those rods this year.

--------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those sure seem like high prices, especially the 24 hour tile trips at $480!:confused: A trip out of PP NJ runs $325, Delaware is $250.
You fish 25 - 30 fishermen and the trip is limited to 10 fishermen.
And it includes all meals and you have a nice comfortable sleeping bunk.
I already have `10 fishermen who want to go. I post it not to get fishermen, but to let others know there is a good operation for deep drop.

-----------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been wanting to fish the Fivestar, I'm interested. What dates are you thinking?
I try to fish on the boat before deciding to charter the boat.
For a charter I have to see my fishing schedules and their booking schedules.
But it should be in June, July or Aug when weather is reliable.
And also, I try to get more info which combo is better. Tile/wreckfish, Tile/cod or Tile/tuna.
I am inclined to charter for Tile/cod combo after seeing this picture.

----------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
I try to fish on the boat before deciding to charter the boat.
For a charter I have to see my fishing schedules and their booking schedules.
But it should be in June, July or Aug when weather is reliable.
And also, I try to get more info which combo is better. Tile/wreckfish, Tile/cod or Tile/tuna.
I am inclined to charter for Tile/cod combo after seeing this picture.

----------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com
After seeing this 950 don't seem too bad it's like your getting 2 1/2 trips in one.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had time today to read their fishing schedules.
One of the interesting trip is Cultivator fluke/cod trip. I might go on the trip because it is long time ago I got a 10 lb fluke.

Here is last year's Cultivator fishing report and pictures.

---------------

Fluke-a-Saurus/ Cod Wrecks Cultivator Shoals
We Started off on the first day on the cod wreck and found a few cod, but with the given wind and tide conditions it made it tough. From there we made the rest of the ride out to the fluke grounds and had some great action through out the day. We found what we went for which was the quality sized fish. We had lots of 5-7 lb fish, 6 between 7-8 lbs 4 at 9+lbs and 3 fish over 10lbs. And the biggest of the trip weight in at a hefty 14.5lbs, a true slob og Cultivators. We also had alot of shorts and average sized keepers to keep the guys busy. We did have a few small dogs in the mix, but they never got be much of a problem. Over the course of the night we steamed back to the cod grounds for the next day started off with a pick of cod and a few haddock. From there we went looking around for the better half of the morning to find tons of dogs every where we went and horrible wind verses tide conditions. Arund Mid-day we found a few fish to work on in deeper water and as the conditions improved so did the fishing.We ended the trip with 3 long Excellent drifts that made the day with lots of cod and a few shots of nicer 10+ lb fish comming up, and a nice mess of Haddock. On the lst drift Dave Duffy of the New Hampshire got everyone excited by landing a nice Halibut which is the first we have seen in many years. Dave took the edible pool with this halibut that weighed in at 28lbs. he also went home with 10 other flat fish of a different kind up to 9lbs. and a mess of cod. Another honerable metion goes to Henry Isherwood who took the cod pool with a 30lber. And took the fluke pool with a 10.5 lb fluke. he also had 7 fluke over 6lb to go home with and a nice mess of cod and haddock, And last but not least Steve Wilson who landed the giant 14.5lb fluke unfortunatly he was not in the fluke pool, but still had a fish of a life time that will be hard to to. By the end of the trip the catch added up and we had a great trip. Click Here to see what a great trip was had by all..

-------------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have been in your store, bought some jogs and other stuff. Also bought a PE7 and Black Hole rod at Somerset a few years ago. Caught a few tuna on it. If you are going to do the fluke combo trip I would be interested if the dates work.

Bob(Bates)

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
I had time today to read their fishing schedules.
One of the interesting trip is Cultivator fluke/cod trip. I might go on the trip because it is long time ago I got a 10 lb fluke.

Here is last year's Cultivator fishing report and pictures.

---------------

Fluke-a-Saurus/ Cod Wrecks Cultivator Shoals
We Started off on the first day on the cod wreck and found a few cod, but with the given wind and tide conditions it made it tough. From there we made the rest of the ride out to the fluke grounds and had some great action through out the day. We found what we went for which was the quality sized fish. We had lots of 5-7 lb fish, 6 between 7-8 lbs 4 at 9+lbs and 3 fish over 10lbs. And the biggest of the trip weight in at a hefty 14.5lbs, a true slob og Cultivators. We also had alot of shorts and average sized keepers to keep the guys busy. We did have a few small dogs in the mix, but they never got be much of a problem. Over the course of the night we steamed back to the cod grounds for the next day started off with a pick of cod and a few haddock. From there we went looking around for the better half of the morning to find tons of dogs every where we went and horrible wind verses tide conditions. Arund Mid-day we found a few fish to work on in deeper water and as the conditions improved so did the fishing.We ended the trip with 3 long Excellent drifts that made the day with lots of cod and a few shots of nicer 10+ lb fish comming up, and a nice mess of Haddock. On the lst drift Dave Duffy of the New Hampshire got everyone excited by landing a nice Halibut which is the first we have seen in many years. Dave took the edible pool with this halibut that weighed in at 28lbs. he also went home with 10 other flat fish of a different kind up to 9lbs. and a mess of cod. Another honerable metion goes to Henry Isherwood who took the cod pool with a 30lber. And took the fluke pool with a 10.5 lb fluke. he also had 7 fluke over 6lb to go home with and a nice mess of cod and haddock, And last but not least Steve Wilson who landed the giant 14.5lb fluke unfortunatly he was not in the fluke pool, but still had a fish of a life time that will be hard to to. By the end of the trip the catch added up and we had a great trip. Click Here to see what a great trip was had by all..

-------------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com
Just booked my trip on the Starship for Cultivator Shoals, went last year, hoping to get my 10# + or a halibut this year. Viking guys really work hard for you.:thumbsup:
On a new trip to me this year, 4 days in Aug. Can't wait for all of them.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have been in your store, bought some jogs and other stuff. Also bought a PE7 and Black Hole rod at Somerset a few years ago. Caught a few tuna on it. If you are going to do the fluke combo trip I would be interested if the dates work.

Bob(Bates)
I like to go on the open trip. If there are enough interest, I might charter the Viking Fivestar for fluke/cod combo. If I charter, it will be from late July to early Aug. I think that is the prime time.

-------------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com

·
Registered
76 Posts
Please keep me in mind. I have to stop in and look at the Black Hole fluke jigging rods. I fished with Scot on the Fish Monger rec4ntly and he was telling me about the new rod that was coming in. I did not write the number down but he said it was a new one and he would like it for Jersey bucktailing. I work in Fort Lee and used to be in the same building you are in years ago.

·
Registered
7,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Please keep me in mind. I have to stop in and look at the Black Hole fluke jigging rods. I fished with Scot on the Fish Monger rec4ntly and he was telling me about the new rod that was coming in. I did not write the number down but he said it was a new one and he would like it for Jersey bucktailing. I work in Fort Lee and used to be in the same building you are in years ago.
They have fluke/cod trip from July 27 to July 30.
I am thinking about chartering before the trip or just right after the trip.
I'll call the Viking and see what dates are available.

If tuna fishing is good in Veatch/Hydrographer Canyons in late summer/fall as like last year, I definitely charter the boat for tile/tuna on short notice if dates are available.

-----------------

www.jignpop.com
www.jignpopforum.com
www.blackholeUSA.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.