BASS BARN banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on the first trip saturday. Left the chester ramp and went south at 6:30. Cold but nice until the sun got up then the wind kicked in. It was coooold. Managed 6 small striped and a few cats to 7lbs. Largest bass 4lbs. Water temp 43. It is early yet and should turn on soon.

I will be back at it every weekend thru april.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looked at the weather report on Friday night and decided to bag it, my small tin can would have been rough.

Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Dutch, It was good to chat with you on Saturday. Thanks for the tide tips. We wound up with 8 total bass with 26" being the big boy of the day. It was a friggin cold ride out that morning. I plan to head down there this coming Sunday. Should ou there by 8:30. I will look for you guys.

·
Registered
132 Posts
finaddict5 said:
Do you boat guys have Deleware liscenses to fish down there?
Fin - I don't plan on fishing far enough south to require the license. I plan on hitting the Trenton/Yardley areas and alittle south of that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was just wondering what kind of boat you have that you can put in at Chester...I have a rather heavy Nitro that comes with custom trailer...I have resisted the urge to put in at Chester due to the fact that i fear I would have considerable trouble getting in and out...whats your secret...you in aluminum?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Fin, If you know the area, anything south of Oldman's creek will require the De. license. ( DOD Area). We used the Chester ramp Saturday. I have a 19ft tracker bass boat and the ramp was fine. When we came in however, it was almost dead low tide and there is a drop off on the end of the ramp. I had my partner pull the trailer just above the drop. It allowed the end of the trailer bunks to be just above the water level but managed to load up the boat without a problem. It is a pretty decent ramp facility and your Nitro bass boat should be know problem. There are NO docks in the water yet, so your partner will need to have boots if you don't want your glass boat bottom scratched.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Therein lies the problem...I would imagine the outgoing would be a tough tide for us to align the boat...if that sucker is off just a little you can't budge it even a smidge when its out of the water,so while this is doable it would be alot of work I would think to get it on just right without the dock...how is the footing on the ramp...before the dropoff,is it slippery... if my memory serves me the ramp has grooves in it...

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I too came back to chester on dead low. My loadrite trailer goes in far enough to drive my whaler onto the trailer. Your fishin partner will need boots. I also have a keel guard on my fiberglass hull. I learned my lesson on ramps without floating docks. It took me quite a few weeks to get the moisture out of my keel after chipping the gelcoat down to the green glass.

trackerpt190, nice to talk to you as well. I am watching the weather and may go on Sunday as well. Saturday is the best for me with the family but I will be there one of the 2 days. Tides should be better this week. Again I like the tide turns best.

I do have a Del license.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Slipperyeel said:
Went out on the first trip saturday. Left the chester ramp and went south at 6:30.
I will be back at it every weekend thru april.
My buddy Joe was fishing at the ramp that mornin he saw 12 boats go out you musta been one of them.. He got 1 schoolie striper that morning... I'm just learning the qoute thing so I hope i did this right...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts