BASS BARN banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the last 2 hours of the incomming and about 1.5 hours of the outgoing yesterday. My favorite tides. Had 25 Bass to 12 lbs. The 12lbr was 30" long. I tagged him and sent him back to look for some big females.

A lot of action. The fish are getting somewhat more agressive and so far are all scout males.

The females are not in yet but soon:D . All fish caught on bloods and clam combo's. I had some herring but only caught 8 to 10lb cat fish on it.

I'll be back at it on Sunday this week.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Slippery Eel, thanks for the herring yesterday. Got alot of cattie hits but couldn't stick um for some reason. We wound up with 15 bass up to 26" and a bunch of cats with 2 around 10 lbs. on bloods and fresh clam. I guess you made out okay going back to the ramp on outgoing. We had a brutal ride back with that north wind coming down river against the incoming tide when we left. There were 4 to 5 ft close swells out in the channel. Very wet & wild ride to say the least.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tracker,

No problem going back to the ramp. Although my boat is not fond of a head swell i can trim it up to make fairly decent way. I tucked in on the hook side of the river and was able to open it wide up and skipped on top of most of the stuff. My back and knees are still hurting.:p

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks for the info.. I want to fish them flats some time.. My 14 john is kinda small for that area I get beat up bad by the tugs... Got a cpl schoolies off my docks where I live the past week nothing more tho..Lots and lotsa eels.. Big eels not little ones... Snakes..lol

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rockys.

That was me...:D . Glad the rain stopped. If not for the wind it would have actually been pretty nice out there. Plenty of 2 to 4' swells and white caps. Oh well, ya aint catchin if you aint fishin..

Most likely I will be back out on Sunday this week. This weekend looks like another opportunity for the weather folks to shank one:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts