BASS BARN banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bill cameron and i gave the river another try yesterday and fished from 12:00pm to 5:00pm. we got 2 big catfish for our efforts. one cat was9lbs the other was 7lbs. the water temp was 44degrees. oh yea the w~~~ was howling!!! :mad:

·
Registered
49 Posts
my friend and i decided to leave the boat at home yesterday and fish from shore south of the cbb and north of the dmb, all we got was one cat about 3-4 lbs someone stoped by and said that the spot has produces 12 bass up to 34" since march 1 so i firgure the cold weather has put them off :eek:

[ 03-21-2004, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: ejw ]

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm anxious for the bass to make up into the river. I fish between Philly and the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Last year was my first year for striper fishing and I am curious when they will make it this far up the river and during what time frame I can fish for them. Any help would be great.

[ 03-21-2004, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Bassin' Large ]

·
Registered
376 Posts
Fished the river yesterday with some shiners and artificials had to 2 Gar up to 38in, one jack crevalle about 3lbs, and one baby snook @12in.
All fish were caught in the N. Fork of the St Lucie.

Whoops wrong river...................

·
Registered
982 Posts
Originally posted by Bassin' Large:
I'm anxious for the bass to make up into the river. I fish between Philly and the Delaware Memorial Bridge. Last year was my first year for striper fishing and I am curious when they will make it this far up the river and during what time frame I can fish for them. Any help would be great.
BL,we will be out there every decent day we can but we don't expect it to start getting hot for about 3-weeks or so

·
Registered
723 Posts
you know that as soon as you cant keep them in the river that is when they show up in full force :D

·
Registered
982 Posts
harris,welcome to the barn,i here ya,they are most proably there now,the next nice day we'll be heading down to that area,its only about a 1/2 hr. run for us.

clamchunker,thats murphy's law ain't it,we don't keep them this time of year anyway,we will keep a couple in the fall though

·
Registered
982 Posts
DG,dunkin its one thing buying it hurts even more,its only tough now cause nothings really biting,before we know it we'll be bitching about to many bites when all the cats wake up and the perch come into the picture and two guys go through 3-doz. bloods in a few hrs.its all just part of the grand sceem of things,if we didn't have fun doing it we wouldn't. :D

[ 03-22-2004, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: bill cameron ]

·
Registered
24,070 Posts
God, I remember having those white perch eat up all my bloodworms. Got smart & put the perch on a 2/0 hook. FISH ON!! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts