BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got our jet boat ready for the river. I will target shad till the herring and stripers start. I can take 2 passengers $100 ea. per day. The striper fishing in the fresh is all light tackle mainly live bait fishing with herring and some lures.I use ambassader 5500 or equal. 12 lb test and a owner mutu circ. hook. Sabikis are a must as you spend the better part of the day catching bait. I can't tell anymore than that. You have to see the rest for yourself. Cap't Steve London

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey , thanks for the responce. All the river guides charge this and it's not all day. Apparently you must not own a boat or you would know what B.O.A.T stands for. Not only that I have to take a day off my regular job to take someonesome fishing for the most amazing type of stripe bass fihing there is. I am also one of the best on the river. I accually am doing you a faver because I mainly do this for fun and if more people feel this way well I guess I will have to have all this fun myself. OH WELL. TOO BAD. NO HALF DAY TRIPS ON THE STANLEY ROSE!

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
Don't you have to have a charter license to do that,or do you have one?
Maybe you should become a BassBarn sponsor? ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
$100 per person a trip is not bad.
But you shouldn't be spending a lot of time catching bait. You're paying for the guide to be doing the herring fishing for you.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Kinda cocky for a guide arent you? To say that your actually doing the paying cust a favor is kinda tacky if you ask me.

I agree with you 100% JDinPA. Sounds like the paying cust is doing the guide a favor catching the bait for him.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Really....

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
Originally posted by faraway:
Kinda cocky for a guide arent you? To say that your actually doing the paying cust a favor is kinda tacky if you ask me.

I agree with you 100% JDinPA. Sounds like the paying cust is doing the guide a favor catching the bait for him.
Couldn't of said it better!!!
He is the best,you know.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kinda Cocky? didn't say i'm the best. You must not be a fisherman. Half the fun is catching the bait. And you probably never fished the non tidal. Don't bother calling me . and Yes I am a lic. Captain with 47 yrs expirence. You know, The hell with it. I don't need your B.S. I will just keep this fishery to myself , Its getting crowded out there anyhow. I definatly don't need your money. We fish for fun , don't sound like you do.

[ 03-28-2005, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: Stevelondon ]

·
Registered
140 Posts
You don't need the money but you took the time to throw this spam up, then act like you're god's gift to fishing?

What you really are is a tired spammer with an inflated E-Ego. Guess what chief, the vast majority of us own boats and have been fishing all the spots for quite some time.

Fishing for bait is half the fun? You're on crack. Give me a bunch of herring darts and 20 minuts to kill before I head out... real fun huh?

In conclusion, I hope you're banned.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Guys relax he is a charter Capt. and also he is working with Ron on being a Paid advertiser. Lighten up srping is almost here!!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Let's cool down here fellas! I work as Capt Steve's mate on his big boat and just let me say a few things. Some people just enjoy something pulling on the other end of their line, whether it be bait or a 50 pound striper. I believe that its a matter of opinion. Some people might think that catching your own herring and then livelining it to a bass is more fun than having the bait already there. Some might think that you are paying the captain to catch the herring. I have actually been in situations where the captain catches the bait, hands it to the customer/angler, and then the angler livelines it out for a bass. You actually have fresher bait that way. I know Capt Steve personally, and I wouldn't say that he is cocky or has a huge ego, he is just very confident that he can catch fish. I also know that Capt Steve is new to the "PC" thing so I ask that you give him the benefit of the doubt until he gets the hang of things here. I'm sure that he may have worded somethinkg a little different than he meant. As for the unpaid advertising, we are in negotiations right now with Mr. Reddington so while we may have posted without the official ok, I apologize. We will get things straightened out there and hopefully move forward. I look forward to possibly fishing with alot of people here because I know how passionate everyone here is! Good luck to everyone this season!

Dave

·
Registered
492 Posts
So in summary Stevelondon is the very expensive, cocky, non-favor doing, spammer, who is the last gift to the fishing world ? Personally sounds to me like the Captain knows what he is doing. "Jet Boat", "Live Bait", "Light Tackle", "Circle Hooks" all seem to fit in the environment metioned.

I like catching bait, those who take the time and do it right are the most succesfull, period. There is mention in these post of "sabikis" and "bunch of darts". My vote goes to the sabiki guy.

Stevelondon we do alot of fishing in the Raitan Sandyhook Bay area. We focus on most of what you mention. Our differences are we cast net Menhadden, and its open tidal fishing. Ohh yea we dont need a Jet Boat ! If you want to trade a trip, email me. Been hot last few years in early May.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First of all I'd like to thank huffy and roundthree for their kind words. Dusky, I can tell you are an expieranced and seasoned fisherman. Catching big stripers in 5 feet of water is amazing. I see that people here are a little sensitive and really need to get a life. Iam sorry if I said something that might have offended some people but so be it. I would love to fish with you , duskey, you can contact me through my e mail. " Cap't Steve London"

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
Originally posted by huffy1476:
Let's cool down here fellas! I work as Capt Steve's mate on his big boat and just let me say a few things. Some people just enjoy something pulling on the other end of their line, whether it be bait or a 50 pound striper. I believe that its a matter of opinion. Some people might think that catching your own herring and then livelining it to a bass is more fun than having the bait already there. Some might think that you are paying the captain to catch the herring. I have actually been in situations where the captain catches the bait, hands it to the customer/angler, and then the angler livelines it out for a bass. You actually have fresher bait that way. I know Capt Steve personally, and I wouldn't say that he is cocky or has a huge ego, he is just very confident that he can catch fish. I also know that Capt Steve is new to the "PC" thing so I ask that you give him the benefit of the doubt until he gets the hang of things here. I'm sure that he may have worded somethinkg a little different than he meant. As for the unpaid advertising, we are in negotiations right now with Mr. Reddington so while we may have posted without the official ok, I apologize. We will get things straightened out there and hopefully move forward. I look forward to possibly fishing with alot of people here because I know how passionate everyone here is! Good luck to everyone this season!

Dave
Very well said.It just seemed that he was coming on to be a cocky SOB.
Good luck to you as well!!

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
First off Capt. Steve is a Licensed Capt and is working on an adverstiser deal here on the Bassbarn. That being said Capt. Steve you may have jumped the gun a bit without closing the deal and being announced by Ron. Thats why everyone is a little jumpy. Now as far as the facts. $100 for a full day of catching live fresh bait then using that bait to get the large sounds way worth it to me. There is nothing wrong with a confident Captain. I just went on a $700 dollar a day (for the boat) charted down in Islamorada where every morning we spent the first hour or so catching live Ballyhoo. It was a blast and all part of the expierence, plus you know it dosen't get and fresher.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I don't see anything cocky at all about the posts. He simply states the basics of the trip and cost. Also, in several posts of the past couple of months, it's been acknowledged that he is an advertiser and setting up his website. I don't know Steve very well, by I dock close to him and I do know that he puts in alot of time and catches more than his share of nice fish.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts