BASS BARN banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kayaked the delware from the dod yesterday with livers hoping for stripers. No stripers but plenty of channel cats to 12 pounds. Always fun having them drag the yak around. Only saw one guy bring in a striper, it was real little. Fun times.
John

·
Registered
106 Posts
Livers for stripers?

Never used livers for stripers, it's a cat bait, I'm not saying it won't work. Replace the liver with bloods and you may have a striper dragging your yak around.;) I've got 5 so far this year, 18",20",21",24" & 30" all on bloods all on outgoing tide. Good luck on the Big D.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
stripersupe said:
Never used livers for stripers, it's a cat bait, I'm not saying it won't work. Replace the liver with bloods and you may have a striper dragging your yak around.;) I've got 5 so far this year, 18",20",21",24" & 30" all on bloods all on outgoing tide. Good luck on the
Big D.
Ditto on that. Bloods rule the river right now. See my post from today.;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd been told by others that the stripers will hit livers and i figured the price was right compared to those bloodworms. I guess next time i'll try live fish or clams. I just can't bring myself to pay a buck a worm for those bloods. Do the stripers really not hit anything else this time of year?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
schuylkilljohn said:
I'd been told by others that the stripers will hit livers and i figured the price was right compared to those bloodworms. I guess next time i'll try live fish or clams. I just can't bring myself to pay a buck a worm for those bloods. Do the stripers really not hit anything else this time of year?
They will hit fresh clams. But I would buck up and buy some bloodworms. I find it very frustrating to watch everyone else around me catch while Im not. My friend had 10 in that area on saturday on bloods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts