BASS BARN banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went and met some friends down on the delaware for a few hours saturday and man was i happy i did. I managed to land a nice 38 incher weighing in at 21 and 3 quarter pounds. Blood worms never looked so good hanging from her mouth. It was catch and release but well worth the effort and the fight. I was useing a surf set up with my 3500 bait runner. I didnt take any pictures and didnt bring a camera which will soon change. lol good day though was fun. my bud had some pictures maybe he can post them.

[ 04-06-2004, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: HarborNights ]

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
good job harbor ketchum up!!!!

seeya soon

·
Banned
9,261 Posts
Very Nice Fish Rob,

Great Way To Start The Season.....

Congrats,

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you all! steve i was quite happy man hope its a good sign of things to come for all of us!

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Glad to see you got on the meat.... I may try this weekend, but then again Might take the harley for a ride.... Two of the toughest decisions of my life...LOL Way to go Rob, they are definateley out there , but just have to find them..

·
Registered
845 Posts
Hey man, hell of a fish
where's the details location, time of tide, rig set-up, ;) come on man spill it :D :D . You had to be cursing little league practice LOL.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Originally posted by HarborNights:
i went and met some friends down on the delaware for a few hours saturday and man was i happy i did. I managed to land a nice 38 incher weighing in at 21 and 3 quarter pounds. Blood worms never looked so good hanging from her mouth. It was catch and release but well worth the effort and the fight. I was useing a surf set up with my 3500 bait runner. I didnt take any pictures and didnt bring a camera which will soon change. lol good day though was fun. my bud had some pictures maybe he can post them.
You say bloodworms never looked so good hanging from her mouth. That's great but what did the fish look like? LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Harbor, get a load of this one. I never made the 40" club yet,but also had a fat 25+ 38"on Wed.Today my friend that I know from the river (72 years young)Had to start reeling my second rod in as we had a 34" 15lber, while I got that 34" 20lber in on 14 lb test using my striper(salmon) rod then I finished landing the one he started. He said I"ll take this rod. I said no get the other one.I know it wont be long before I"m weakfishing. Good luck you guys

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Pauly nice to hear that from ya . Just think we are in for a sweet year and that it all starts with some nice heffers on the river. Come on weak fish.

[ 04-09-2004, 11:09 PM: Message edited by: HarborNights ]

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Murphman. Shorehooks out going like 1:00 pm circle hook with 30 pound power pro a bucket of chicken and sauce (extra crispy) and a big leg drum hooked to the hook. Man was that hard to keep on the hook. ok now that i told u the secretes dont tell any one ok. They might want to start a resturant or some fast food chain. Then everyone will be catching the large ones.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts