BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
I am not. That report did not specify how they processed the fish. In other words did they grind up the whole fish, bones, liver, ect or actually fillet the fish then grind the meat. ?? The last article I read on this they tested Hudson fish , and the meat was anything but a routine fillet if you will(That's a very big selection / measuring bias in the literature world) PCB's are carcinogens but in what concentration ?? I eat striper a lot!! Here is the way I look at it. Number one killer in middle age groups is car accidents / trauma. If you make it to 60-65 then you got heart disease high blood pressure and the like. If I die of eating too many stripers than it serves me right. My plan anyway is to be sprinkled over TI to complete the cycle and so the creatures may have their revenge!!

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I agree with Dr.bass on this subject. hey beef isn't good for you then it is no wait isn't. Most tests are done as he states: grind the fish up and see...." There's more worries about having a veggie garden in NJ then the fish (with all the land fills and water closet contaminates)Just look out for lesions
...tight lines...wish2fish

·
Registered
142 Posts
Didn't you know that ocean stripers are fine to eat but the bass fill up with evil bacteria when they cross the colregs line? The evil stuff drops out when they re enter the ocean. Are these people nuts or what?

Crazy Bill

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
How do these people know your gonna get cancer from eating fish? How do you know your not gonna get cancer anyway? I have eaten lots of fish for years. I am still here, yet I am quite ugly. HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
especially if they have lesions, right brian? LOL

·
Registered
78 Posts
Delaware Wants More Information on VX Waste Plan

Delaware officials have said they need more information about a proposed plan to dispose of waste created by the neutralization of VX nerve agent.

DuPont plans to treat VX hydrolysate at a New Jersey facility, and then to transport the 900 truckloads of what the chemical company says would be harmless waste to Delaware to be dumped into the Delaware River.

After reading the March 4 DuPont proposal, Delaware authorities are seeking more information before deciding whether to approve the disposal plan. They remain unconvinced the waste will be safe for people and the environment, the Tribune-Star said.

?No decisions have been rendered at this point on the Army reports and DuPont?s reports,? said Richard Greene, an environmental engineer for the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control. ?We are looking at this from every angle possible to make sure treating VX hydrolysate is not a problem and does not result in unintended consequences,? he added.

The waste would be effectively diluted in the river, said Todd Owens, a DuPont chemical engineer.

?The amounts of MPA and EMPA [toxic compounds in hydrolysate] and phosonic acid to be released in the river are within standards,? Owens said.

He said he was uncertain how long it would take for total destruction of the MPA and EMPA.

?I believe it?s months, not years,? Owens said. ?The biodegradation time is unknown. We aren?t talking about generations,? he added

·
Registered
160 Posts
"The solution to pollution is dilution".

It sounds like this is the logic being used here. Unfortunately this is pretty much the thought behind most waste disposal. In small amounts in a large area there is no problem. Unfortunately the cummulative effect of small amounts of "bad" things over a long period of time are difficult if not impossible to study.

I am sure the material they are working with will be studied in depth before given the greenlight to treat and release. The waste regulators have come a long way in a short time.

The Wasteman

·
Registered
13,030 Posts
Wasteman,
Your a profound poet!!

I have been studying Indepth for some years now, and I feel he definitely needs some sort of treatment and confinement!! HAPPY DAYS.

Ding

·
Registered
32,744 Posts
They've been saying that crap for years. Smoking causes cancer and drinking is bad for the liver. That doesn't stop anybody. As for the VX, there's a lot of acreage in Afghanistan where we could spread it out. Let's dilute it there. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.