BASS BARN banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Yeah We'll be out for flounder.Shittin my git together today.:thumbsup:Cant wait to hear that flukey drum beat on my deck.;)

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
I'll be out Monday hitting reefs on dark side. 16" now, hope for a couple limits:thumbsup:, seeing pictures and reports of nice size weakies over hear also.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
I hope there is a nice rebound on fluke in the bay this year. last season was barren compared to years past. Is Sandy the culprit?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
There's no fluke in the bay, only Hooker gets fluke out of the bay ;):D

·
Registered
296 Posts
We did some fluke scouting on may 9th while striper fishing. We covered about 8 miles from miah maull to brandywine. We made 5 different 1/2 mile drifts along the way and not even 1 short too show for it. Bait was squid and gulp. I hope they really started moving in over the last 2 weeks.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
No sour grapes here but I think it if it going to happen it is way too early for the Delaware bay. You would have better success flounder fishing in the back bay. I do hope to see some good reports though. Every day and every year is different. Good luck to all. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
We'll see Saturday, amen.
No sour grapes here but I think it if it going to happen it is way too early for the Delaware bay. You would have better success flounder fishing in the back bay. I do hope to see some good reports though. Every day and every year is different. Good luck to all. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,977 Posts
I am not a Flounder guy these days but back in the day about 20-25 years ago we fished for them at least 40 times or more a season almost all in the Delaware Bay. We hardly ever caught in the bay when the water temps were like they are now as it was always in the shallower back bays where the water was warmer. Are normal spots were from around 14 foot to number 10 buoy and just about every hill or drop off produced and on some really good days we caught over 50 Flounder( some trips well over 50) with maybe 10-15 or so keepers but still non stop action. We also fished the Delaware side of the ship channel a lot but there were do many great places to target Flounder once the bay water warmed up some. I miss this type of fishing along with my first love spring weakfishing.

·
Banned
1,271 Posts
Yes I remember those days. While everybody was fishing for weakfish, I would fish for flounder in the alley and do very well.
Now it seems that he back bays from somerspoint to wildwood are producing some decent catches

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am not a Flounder guy these days but back in the day about 20-25 years ago we fished for them at least 40 times or more a season almost all in the Delaware Bay. We hardly ever caught in the bay when the water temps were like they are now as it was always in the shallower back bays where the water was warmer. Are normal spots were from around 14 foot to number 10 buoy and just about every hill or drop off produced and on some really good days we caught over 50 Flounder( some trips well over 50) with maybe 10-15 or so keepers but still non stop action. We also fished the Delaware side of the ship channel a lot but there were do many great places to target Flounder once the bay water warmed up some. I miss this type of fishing along with my first love spring weakfishing.
Thanks for the info Capt.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
There's no fluke in the bay, only Hooker gets fluke out of the bay ;):D
Hooker could find fluke in the deep end of a swimming pool :D

Ha ha. Little too early for the bay right now. At least to put together a decent catch. Backwater will produce better now than the bay. Plus it's cheaper on gas. Haha.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Was out Sunday. Nice day on the water with plenty of boats in the morning. Alternated for stripers and flounder and kept a rod or 2 for croakers. Got a cow nosed skate and a 4" ling ... State Police dropped by just to chat. He said one person had a flounder by the EP Tower and everyone else was coming up empty.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts