BASS BARN banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the spring fishing at the rips as good as the fall. I made a few trips this past fall and had the time of my life! I've never been there in the spring and would like to try. Drifting eels or bucktails still productive? Trolling? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
scummer- welcome to The Barn. The rips can certainly be great in the Spring. Last year was not quite as good as the year before- but plenty of fish can be taken from that area.

I'd start the season with bucktails and a nice mackerel or herring strip and wait until the water warms up a but- then switch to eels if you like.

Good luck out there.

·
Registered
13,393 Posts
scummer, welcome aboard! The rips can be very good in the spring. Bucktailing works well early on, and as you get towards May, fish will take eels, as well. Hope to see you out there!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! Sounds good for the spring. In the fall we did our best around the eights and in the valley, I would think these same areas should be good in the spring. It was tough to hold bottom in deep areas like the valley though at certain times when the current was really strong. I'll be using brade for the first time this year and I hope it works as well as I've heard. Good luck guys, 3rd week April, here we come! (thats when the boat goes in :D )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts