BASS BARN banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need a little advice.......i'm fishing the eastern shore of the delaware bay .....can anyone tell me the ideal wind direction for the best bite........my son and i fished this past thursday 12/29/11 beaut of a day but no bits.......wondering if wind was wrong thanks fore any advice

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
If the wind was the deciding factor then a west wind would probably be best to blow all the bait into you.
Good luck and keep us posted.
What are you using for bait?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wind

Thanks buddy............son and i fished last night 1/1/12.........from4:30pm till about 10:00 pm last night wind coming ouy of south very nice night even snowed for bout half hour......chucking bunker.....boy throwing a large spoon now and then with teaser hook..........3 different rods three different rig ups ...never had a smell .....but thanks i'll be checking that west wind

·
Registered
6,515 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
you wish...regulation reads "no person may take, ATTEMPT TO TAKE, or have in possession any striped bass..."

RyanF
I guess its all how you interpret it," attempt to take" and "catch and release" mean two different things to me. I might be wrong, I, after all, am only a retired commercial roofer and not a lawyer. To me, attempt to take, would maybe be one or all of a few things, have a striper on a stringer, or in a cooler, laying in the bushes, or in the back of your pickup. What if you were fishing for bluefish and caught a striper? does that mean you broke the law? I would say no, unless you attempted to keep him. If I revived the fish and let him go, I would call that catch and release.
:huh:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I guess its all how you interpret it," attempt to take" and "catch and release" mean two different things to me. I might be wrong, I, after all, am only a retired commercial roofer and not a lawyer. To me, attempt to take, would maybe be one or all of a few things, have a striper on a stringer, or in a cooler, laying in the bushes, or in the back of your pickup. What if you were fishing for bluefish and caught a striper? does that mean you broke the law? I would say no, unless you attempted to keep him. If I revived the fish and let him go, I would call that catch and release.
:huh:
I agree the wording is ridiculous, but are you really going to argue that having a striper on a stringer, or in a cooler, or laying in the bushes, or in the back of you pick-up does not fall under "TAKE" or "HAVING IN POSSESION"?

You can argue all you want about the ridiculousness of not being able to CnR, but you are not going to convine me that "attempting to take" is the process of transporting a fish home or hiding it to poach. That is clearly taking and having in your posession. Haha.

RyanF

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Ryan, I do believe you are misreading what I wrote. Have a striper on a stringer, or in a cooler, laying in the bushes, or in the back of your pickup, IS attempt to take, having in your procession. What I am saying is catching and releasing is not. Like I said and I ask you again, if you were fishing for bluefish and caught a striped bass then let him go, does that mean you broke the law? Like I said in the beginning, " I might be wrong about how I interpret this law". I don't even fish during this time of year. If a game warden tried to give me a ticket for releasing a striper, I would call him crazy and fight him in court. I just think you are misreading this law also, just like you misread me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.